_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Wednesday 31 March 2021

Just Over The Edge of Comfortable

Yesterday, I was crabby. It was a combination of things. Tighter restrictions in British Columbia where I live. Understanding why but still disappointed to cancel my trip to visit my daughter and her family. No hugs. No warm snuggles with grandsons. Concern for a friend waiting for test results (negative) after direct exposure to Covid. AND... the need for something new. 

Checking back in my files, I can see that I've been working on t-shirts for quite a while - longer than I thought. The results are good. I am one hundred percent happy with the tank top and the t-shirt armhole templates I have developed. They are working time after time. What's not working is the stretch factor. 

Between successes, I've sewn one t-shirt with so much stretch... and one with not enough stretch.... and one with barely enough stretch... that I won't wear any of them. I know myself. There's no point even putting them in the closet. It seems that I've been looking for the Goldilocks of stretch - not enough, too much, just right. 





Yesterday, I finished this navy blue, basic t-shirt. It's the one with barely enough stretch, just over the edge of comfortable into unwearable territory. It was meant to be a wardrobe staple and to fill out some of the missing parts in my empty closet. I'll have to keep trying. This one...





... on the other hand is just perfect. I like the polka dots, the black and white contrast, the shape, the fit, and the stretch factor. I finished it on Monday for my doctor's appointment yesterday. What a strange world we're living in when a doctor's appointment becomes an event worthy of a new outfit, extra care with my hair and make-up, and dressing up. 





This image came up in one of my Pinterest emails so I have no idea who this is or who took the picture or why but I know that I just love her whole look. With perfecting the armhole - or maybe it's Covid pounds - I've been noticing that I might like a little more ease in my t-shirts. This outfit seems to have the right amount. It's cozy and comfortable without being too slouchy and oversized, especially for a dropped shoulder. Something to aim for. 

Today, I want to try some painting experiments. I don't know if I actually can. It's something I've been looking at and gathering supplies for for quite a while and that fear of the unknown keeps holding me back. Hopefully the need for new is stronger. I want to scribble and mark make and put on paints and see what happens with goal of working toward creating fabrics that would be useable for handbags. That's the end plan. The beginning one is to somehow begin. 

What have you been avoiding starting?

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - slow but still steady steps to a larger wardrobe

No comments:

Post a Comment