_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Friday 16 April 2021

It Can't Have A Unifrom

Now that I have a control foot for my Bernina again - finally - I am finishing my friend's very late birthday present started in December. Since she reads the blog - Hi Mary - I can't show any in-progress images as I'd like her to be a tiny bit surprised however...





... in the same basket where I was keeping the parts and pieces of her gift was this unfinished V1704. It looks quite bland in this photo and wrinkly. All that's left is to add the collar and buttons and to give it a good press and then things will improve. As you can see, I altered the front. LOVE the sleeves and I think I have the perfect jumper to wear with it. 





What I can show you is the progress on the yard between my neighbour and I. The house you see is hers and mine is to the right of the images. The view above left is the before and above right is my progress so far. I've made three trips to get rocks, about 1400 pounds, and including gas it's cost me less than $80.00. There'll be another two or three trips and even so, this is definitely the easiest and least expensive option. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

The greatest thing you can do for your future today is not to work out a big strategic plan that covers years of your life, but rather to make sure the compass of your heart is right. If you do, you'll reach the destiny God has for you. - - - Make those incremental intentional decisions with your time, talents, and resources that will keep you on course. - Unshakeable, by Christine Caine

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

In recent posts, I mentioned my struggle moving forward with creativity coaching, namely to send the money and get started. That's now done, my first session is on Monday, and the swirling angst still has not settled. Suddenly, I'm questioning everything, especially the plan I thought I'd always had for moving back into a creative career. Since I am paying her to help me get what I want, I need to know what I want and suddenly I'm not so sure. It feels very real. Like a pivotal life point.  

Every morning in my journal time, I am looking for God's direction for the next step on my path including how to spend my time, money, and energy which is why the sentences from Thursday's study printed above had extra impact. Not only am I about to make a plan on Monday, it's about time, talent, and resources. At this point in my life, I don't want to waste any of those. I'd rather walk in the right direction and especially with balance. 

For the past several years, I have been praying for ever increasing holistic health, growing creativity, joy and abundant blessings as well as to see clearly the path God is unfolding before me with highlighted signposts and open doors. Right now, I feel like I need a LOT of clarity before Monday's meeting and one of the ways I've worked with this angst in the past is to pay attention to what I know about myself, especially to what I know I don't want to do. It helps to minimize the options. 

Another phrase I heard yesterday was to stop avoiding the challenge of change which normally wouldn't have registered except that while I was placing rocks and shoveling dirt, I'd been thinking about change in the form of more ways to get out of the house and interact with other people. I know. During Covid! It's not like I can go anywhere or there are any groups to join right now but that doesn't mean I can't start pondering the possibilities. 

One thing I know for sure is that my life has had way too many ups and downs in the last few years and I am absolutely not interested in drama or people politics and whatever I do has to include fun elements like dressing up. For example: if it looks like a job, it can't have a uniform!

What do you know for sure? 

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful
- a good start on the yard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment