_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Friday 23 April 2021

Never Repeatable Steps

When I woke up this morning, I realized it was Friday and that I hadn't written the post yet. Since I've been working on my friend's gift all week and can't show that, I decided to wait until this afternoon to write since I'd be working in the yard all day and could show the progress. 





Last week, I started shaping the walkway and garden, finished it earlier this week, and today filled the garden bed and added plants. 


 


The garden is on the North side of the townhouse and gets almost complete shade with a brief bit of sunshine when the sun is directly overhead. That's totally new for me. All my previous gardens have been full sun. 



 


I planted two different kinds of ferns, three different hosta, and those taller dark green plants that will have dark pink flowers. I can't remember what they are called but they'll get about 40" tall. There are probably too many plants in this space and that's okay for now. When they get bigger, I can move them. 






I've also been working on the vanity for the powder room. This is the upper section where the sink will be set in. My original paint plan didn't work because the crackle didn't crackle. A series of never repeatable steps led to this leathered - textured - somewhat crackled - look that I quite like. I picked up an oval mirror at the thrift store that is going to look gorgeous with the vanity. I'll show you the rest of it when it's installed. It started with an antique end table that was too short and my contractor added height to. 

The company that didn't come this week is now coming next. We typically knit together so I want to get the small sweaters blocked this weekend and sew them together while she's here. British Columbia put even tighter covid restrictions in place today. I am so glad to have a few friends in my bubble that can come stay. Right now, they live in my health district but if travel between cities becomes limited, that'll be the end of that so I need to enjoy it now.  

How are you doing? How is being creative helping you cope with the pandemic?

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - a new type of garden

Update 6:40 pm - after reading the new restrictions, they are even tighter than I'd heard and although I live alone, I am not supposed to have indoor gatherings of any size and limit myself to my core bubble. My friend and I talked again and have decided to wait and see what happens. It's interesting times. Being introverted helps but two, and only the same two, people is not enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment