_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Wednesday 22 December 2021

Three In One Day

Thankfully, the test results came back negative  and I was not in direct contact with Covid and could leave on my holiday. I am at my daughter's house until Boxing Day.  Today, I took her out for breakfast for her birthday and then looked after the boys while she and her husband went out for dinner. It's not often I get to spend her birthday with her so I enjoyed that as well as celebrating happy I gave birth day with her babies.

I had a completely different post in mind only I'm exhausted from all that snuggling and playing with my grandsons... and the noise. I am not used to people in the house and especially little people and I was already tired from the drive which was a combination of delays due to an accident, construction, and road conditions. When I normally would have arrived, I was only at the halfway point but thankfully the last half went much smoother. I left at 8:30 am and arrived at 5:30pm. 

If you've read my blog for any length of time, you'll know that one of my favourite questions is... when was the last time you did something for the first time. On Monday, after accidentally leaving the dome light on all night, the car battery was dead and needed charging before I could leave plus I drove to my daughter's house in winter and arrived after dark when things look completely different. All new. Three in one day.

A friend asked if I was nervous driving in winter and seemed rather stunned when I said no but cautious. On the drive here, I was thinking about all the things I have learned to do for myself by myself. It's not that I don't like help but I'm glad I don't need always need it or company, that I can manage. I hope that's a positive role model for my daughter and any daughter-in-laws or granddaughters I may eventually have.

I'll post again after I'm back home as it's too busy to concentrate on writing a solid post. Until then, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - safe travels and snuggles

No comments:

Post a Comment