_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Monday 7 February 2022

New, Old, And Never Worn

Sometimes, I make a piece and absolutely love it and then it doesn't fit. Like this paisley blouse. I had tremendous fun sewing it and was very disappointed when the shoulders were too tight. I think it was a math glitch - however - a nice bonus of having lost some weight is that it's now wearable, still ever so slightly too tight but with the collar worn open and once it warms up and relaxes, it should be good now and even better in a few less pounds.






Sewn in June 2020, it's new, old, and never worn and now it's part of my workshop wardrobe. Paisley is my favourite design motif and I really like denim which is the tone of this blue. I'm sewing a denim coloured, linen blend, skirt to go with it that I'll show in a later posting. 





The pattern is Burda 6323. I'm glad I've learned to look at the line drawings or I wouldn't have bought this one since the cover images are not that exciting but now, having sewn it once, I'd like to make the shorter style sleeveless. I prefer the curved hemline to straight across.




The fabric is a light-weight cotton that is crisp enough to hold details and yet still has beautiful drape. I think the faded colours give it more interest and stop it from being too sweet. 





The selvedge had an interesting frayed finish. I used a double layer of short sections that were pleated and pieced to make the collar. The fabrics were placed wrong sides together and sewn into the collar band so that it has a soft look from the front and the back. 





Just before I decided to work on my weight, I'd sewn several garments that I really like and have hardly worn. They're almost too big now and definitely won't fit me next fall so I've decided to include them in my workshop wardrobe. I'll just tighten the elastic and they'll still be wearable, with the bit more ease, when I leave next month. 




Two are pants. One pair is blue with a flocked black design and I'll wear an existing t-shirt that is black with sparkles and this necklace that I made recently. Another pair is black and white stripes in a funky style that I really like - the fabric and the style - so much so that I may eventually alter them. I'm planning to sew a black top to go with and to make a black and white necklace. I also have a multi-coloured skirt that I'm planning a grey top to go with and will pair with a colourful necklace.  

On the weekend, I went through my fabric stash and chose fabrics I'd like to sew and then made a list of potential outfits and realized I had more ideas than needed so I've decided not to make the dress I talked about in Friday's post. I want to sew from my stash as much as possible for a variety of reasons with a big one being the Canadian to US exchange rate. Right now, a hundred dollars Canadian becomes about seventy-five US which makes the trip even more expensive. I only decided to go late last year so it's a short planning period, meaning less time to save so I'm working to a tight budget. It's never fun to go in debt for a holiday. Been there, done that, don't want to do it again. I'd rather have more fun with less.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - a stash and a plan

1 comment:

  1. Find out the Top Fashion Trends Browse & Shop The Latest Essentials Ready-to-wear, bags, luggage Shipping worldwide.

    STUDIONAFAY
    STUDIONAFAY Facebook
    STUDIONAFAY Instagram
    STUDIONAFAY Pinterest
    STUDIONAFAY Twitter

    ReplyDelete