_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Wednesday 15 June 2022

It Might Look Like Nothing...

It's 4:00 pm on Tuesday afternoon at the end of a long and successful day. YES YES. As soon as I publish this post, I will turn everything off and do something not work because....





... while this might look like nothing, it's a LOT of something. I switched to Wix for designing the new site and it was MUCH easier plus the help is a phone call as opposed to text which I much prefer. The domain isn't connected yet but should be by the end of today and then the site can go live and I can start filling in the details. The goal is to have it functioning well by mid September at the latest, hopefully earlier.  By that I mean with the free pattern, a free workshop, a number of articles, several videos connected to a YouTube channel, and ideally some products for sale as well. Learning to record videos will be my next learning curve. 


THIS is a really big something. I was able to draw, copy, and offset the distance of the seam allowance a sample pattern piece in a program called Affinity Designer. Today, I'll watch a video about publishing PDF patterns and decide if I'll do all the work in that program or only the pattern pieces to use in Word. Either way, I am a lot closer and far less frustrated than I was on Friday. No tears today. I'd be doing the squiggly, wiggly, happy dance except...




... that when I went to upload the picture of this tote, the images were gone, all of them, and they were the step-by-steps of the first pattern. I was planning to sew it again to film it for the free workshop and luckily, I bought enough fabric for the tester to use the same ones but I'm not sure if I have enough for three more bags. I'll figure that out and then - hopefully - sew another one to take new pictures and continue writing the pattern. Sigh... these things happen... it's manageable... it's not world peace. 

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful
- significant progress

No comments:

Post a Comment