_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Wednesday 8 June 2022

Polka Dot Pants

Today's post is late which might happen a few times this month with the ongoing birthday celebrations and lots of visitors. This morning, I have a coffee date with a friend that I'm looking forward to and this afternoon, time in the studio. The purse is still kicking and screaming so I guess I didn't find the path but it is slowly finishing and I've learned a lot. Hopefully today. 





I decided it was worth it to alter the polka dot pants and now I'll be realtering my already altered pattern. This version is better than the pair sewn with that altered pattern. With these, I didn't want to redo the cuff so I took off the waistband, lowered that seam, took in the excess ease by adding a seam along the sides tapered into the existing dart at the cuff. That left the cuff the original size and I think it works better than the version with the altered cuff. 





Here's a blurry front shot. The crotch curve is working really well and there is just the right amount of ease for me. I'm quite pleased with the fit. I copied this pattern from RTW, from a pair of Oska pants. It is very similar to OOP Vogue 8712 which I also have and this pattern has more curving and fitting details. Oska is a German brand that fits me really well. I've copied two pairs of their pants so far and they along with a Burda pattern are my top three pant patterns. I always check for them when I'm in a consignment shop hoping to develop another pattern that I really love.  

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - great pants

No comments:

Post a Comment