_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Friday 1 July 2022

Literally My First Video

SO much work for forty-nine seconds. This is literally my first video. I combined three clips, edited the input and output points of each clip, overlapped them so they would fade in and out, and added a gradual zoom in filter to the section with the sewing machine.

I used a program called Shotcut because it was on a list of the top five, free, editing software and there was an absolutely fabulous tutorial that literally walked me through step by step. The facilitator, Kevin, provided the clips so I could follow along and do exactly what he was doing and make a cookie commercial. From there, I was able to make this video without needing to refer back to the tutorial. That's a REALLY GOOD tutorial. 





The video is published on my fledgling YouTube channel. Right now, the channel has an autogenerated URL and when there are 100 subscribers, I can customize the name. If you want to see how it looks, here is the link. Next week, I'll be working on more videos and eventually they'll get to actually being about sewing and bags. The sound of the machine helps in this one. You get to see a bit of my studio too although I want to make quite a few changes.

The video was shot with my new camera. So many new things. I'm also figuring out how to use it too but luckily it's very similar to my previous one, the same brand with similar functions. I did a few clips on the older one and the quality of this one is vastly better so I'm glad I bought it. 

This morning is journal writing, tidying up, and going grocery shopping. My daughter and her family will be here this afternoon until Monday and everyone will be here on Saturday when we're celebrating my birthday. That's the last of the planned events. It's been a fabulous month. I've enjoyed celebrating with friends and family, making things, and learning new skills. Three of my favourite things.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - my first ever video

No comments:

Post a Comment