_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Friday 24 April 2020

Pendant In Progress

How does it happen that we know we've been busy but when we go to talk about it, it seems like nothing happened. Of course, it's not true. It's just that the things I did took time, including several long phone conversations and two live on-line workshops.




One morning, in the morning hour, I traced and altered Burda 6632 and cut out the pieces and the next morning, I started sewing the top together. This is another blouse pattern that I'm trying to see how I like it and if I'll wear it. I've never been a fan of gathers but I do like pleats - in particular very small ones or pintucks. These are larger however the fabric is a lightweight cotton so they pressed nicely in place.




Just outside the studio, I have both sides shaped ready to build the retaining walls. The big chunks of cement were broken up from the slab that was cut out of the the wall last fall when the patio doors were installed. It took me two hours to get them in place but I did it - YES YES! They will be hidden by the retaining wall when I build it in front.




Every year, the heron have been here on the pond... and lots of ducks... and Osprey... but this is the first time for a pair of Canada geese. They were taking a tour of the yard one morning while I...




... was having my morning coffee and watching the pond wake up. It's a ritual I really enjoy - a quiet, slow, start to the day. I used to hit the ground running and now I move much slower, get as much done, and enjoy life more. This is good.




I joined an online Art Challenge & Master Class with Matt Tommey for Christian artists. Day six was to pick a verse and make a piece based on it and day seven was to make a list of things you are grateful for and make a piece based on them. It was already day seven when I joined so I answered the assignments for days one to five with pieces already made and now, I'm making a necklace based on a combination of my verse and words...




... which are ones I've written about often. I am grateful to be warm, dry, safe, fed, loved, and clothed, to have studio and stash, faith, passion and a purpose. The disks represent stepping stones for the verse from Proverbs - in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make straight your path. The copper shape is to support the disks only there needs to be more contrast with colour and texture. Right now, it's a pendant in progress and coming along slowly. I worked on it yesterday and learned a lot about what not to do. Hopefully, today goes smoother and I have a finished piece to show you next week.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - connections

No comments:

Post a Comment