_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Tuesday 28 July 2020

The Finished White Wendy Dress

On Sunday, a friend and I met in the middle and went fabric shopping and out for lunch in Vernon. I finished the white Wendy dress the day before so wore it and received lots of compliments. It's very comfortable to wear.




The original has caped sleeves only my friend wore it with a t-shirt underneath with 3/4 length sleeves. Since that's my preference, I drafted my version that way as well as lengthened it.




For the neckline, I let the wrong side of the knit roll over and then tacked it in place with an overlap stitch and top-stitched the seams. I'm really pleased with how it turned out and have some black fabrics to try it in again, probably later in the fall since that will be more of a fall/winter version.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - an outing with a friend

5 comments:

  1. Hope you are well. I miss reading about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU - I have been dealing with some major upheavals. Once those settle, I am looking at a new format using FB where I could have more interaction with readers, something I would really like. I will definitely post here and let everyone know about any changes.

      Delete
  2. Hope the new year finds you well and safe. So hope you well resume posting. You have really inspired me over the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU for letting me know. That's so encouraging. Over the next few weeks, I will be setting up a website and starting another blog again. There have been a lot of changes in my life recently and it's good and I'm ready to get back to writing and sharing. I'll post the addresses here when things are ready to be read and I'd love to have you visit me there.

      Delete