_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Friday 10 January 2020

My 2020 Collage

In 2012, to celebrate my 50th birthday, I took a Design Outside the Lines Workshop with Marcy Tilton and Diane Ericson. It was life changing... in fact so life changing that I went back the next year and then, when Marcy retired from teaching, continued to study with Diane in workshops and with...




... one-to-one coaching. An early assignment was to make a collage about the woman I was becoming. Having used collages in my own teaching, I knew how powerful they could be and I've since started making a collage each year either in late December or early January. My 2020 collage was made on December 27th, 2019. While the question is always the same - what does the next year hold? - the answers vary.




It's never surprising that the next year will hold creativity because being creative is how I breath. Nor is it surprising that I will lean toward ever increasing holistic health in all areas of life - spiritual, emotional, physical, financial, and relational - because, as I age, wholeness has become increasingly more important. The surprises are usually in what shows up that I wasn't expecting or what's missing that I thought would definitely be there or in the ways in which I will be creative. I like comparing the current year's collage to the previous one and looking at areas of change and growth.




Last year, I was far more specific with what I wanted and the year certainly shifted as it unfolded. This year, the intent of the collage is geared more toward simplicity and play.




One thing I enjoy about the collages is seeing how the messages come into being, the directions life takes. It's one way that God reveals his path for my life and opens doors I didn't even know I wanted, or needed, to walk through. Life is certainly an interesting journey.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - the fun of making yearly collages

No comments:

Post a Comment