_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Friday 21 February 2020

Vancouver - Granville Island

Last week, I was in Vancouver for appointments and took an extra day to shop and play. In this post, the pictures of the supplies I bought are mine and the other images are from a Google search. There were no names shown to credit. I'll add the names or remove the image if asked by the copyright holder(s).





My hotel was downtown Vancouver so I walked to the water and caught the ferry over to Granville Island which is one of my favourite places to visit in Vancouver. Taking the ferry is a lot easier than driving in city traffic or trying to find a place to park. Probably cheaper too.


  


There are shops I try to visit every time including Fabric-ations. Their woven pieces and yarn are gorgeous. This studio has been in business over 30 years which makes my artist-heart happy even though I know that most likely means they're making the rent and a little bit extra.




Roger's Chocolates are YUMMY and when the sun is shining like in this image, it's gorgeous to sit outside. Down that little alley are some hidden shops and the upstairs bead shop keeps me busy for hours. This time they had...




... a buy three get one free sale on packages of findings as well as a buy one get one half price sale on beads. I didn't have a project in mind, just collecting for - as I call it - my retirement fund.




Maiwa has a supply store, a finished goods store, and a School of Textile Art on the island. The fabric paints are for the handbags I've been working on plus I checked out the location of their classroom because I'm going back at the end of April to take a Creative Studio workshop. Since it's really hard to get into their workshops, I was totally surprised that within the first few minutes of open registration I was already signed up. YES YES!

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - artist dates

No comments:

Post a Comment