_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Tuesday 11 September 2018

New Business Cards

It's been a month since my last post although I hadn't intended for it to take that long. I exhausted myself with too much physical work in the yard, had another fall that severely bruised my leg, and ended up in a dilemma about ordering new business cards. Who knew!

As I've explained in a previous post, it's in my nature to do a clean sweep every once in a while and start again fresh. The first time I shredded my previous blog, it didn't go over well so when I felt the need to shred again I started this new blog as a courtesy to my readers. It was interesting to observe that less than five percent of them followed me here. While I appreciate every one of you who did come, those numbers had me thinking about what am I willing or not willing to do for other people and do I want to continue to blog, why, how, about what, and - as it came time to order new cards - where.

A huge part of my creative work right now is exploring jewelry design and in particular statement necklaces. At even a slow pace, there will be far too many pieces for me to keep and I'm already researching selling opportunities. Knowing that, I have decided to develop my reputation under my name and am returning to my original website - MyrnaGiesbrecht.com - and the previous blog - myrnagiesbrecht.blogspot.com - which will be shredded and redesigned. If you followed me here, I hope you'll follow me back and if you're a new reader, please do join me at my new/old blog.Thanks.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - clarity of direction

12 comments:

  1. Hi, Myrna! I am very happy that you will continue blogging! Looking forward to seeing your next "incarnation." Thanks for sharing so generously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your understanding. I appreciate it.

      Delete
  2. The "teaser" for your new site looks intriguing. Looking forward to reading you there. Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I want to add information about myself and my studio as I always enjoy seeing where people work and then some galleries of my work and - eventually - possibly - a store.

      Delete
  3. I just read this new post, and the emailed post this morning. Personally, I enjoy looking back through your older posts for processes (in thought and through hands) you've used for projects. However, ultimately, this is YOUR blog, and if part of your 'moving forward' is to shred the older posts, then you need to do that. We each have our own creative paths, and should have no need to justify them. So go for it, I'll follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand why people want to look back at the material so I find it interesting that not shredding does hold me back. It just seems to be a huge part of my process that is absolutely necessary or I get stalled in some way and I would much rather move forward. This week I was just too tired of yard work to do any so I've been playing in the studio for the week and will - hopefully - finish up on the weekend and then be in here full time with lots to talk about and share.

      Delete
  4. Hi Myrna. I've always found your blog to be rich in creativity and courage. Moving to an artistic community as well as tackling all the home renovations and landscaping projects. What a great example to your readers. I've really missed reading the blog during the past month, so I'm glad to see you back. Will definitely follow you to the new blog home. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement and well wishes. Spending this week in the studio is definitely helping me to feel better. Isn't it amazing how much our creativity nurtures us? So important.

      Delete
  5. I followed you here (although I don't know whether you could tell as I just have your blog bookmarked) and will continue to follow you around the net when I can find you. I've been encouraged by your process and journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I do blogs too... or sort of... I have a word document with all the links and I can add or delete as necessary, separate into categories, and take the file with me when I travel. It's probably "old school" but it's a system that works for me. I'm glad you're encouraged by what I write - that's why I write it. Thank you.

      Delete
  6. I’m trying again to post a comment. I will be following you back to the other blog. Oh yeah, you betcha! Keep creating!

    ReplyDelete