_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Wednesday 19 September 2018

Trends In My Stash

Just to see what might be the case, I researched this fall and winter's trends and was surprised to see how many qualifying fabrics I had in my stash, plus boots, even some with a Western overtone. Who knew! It's completely accidental since I much prefer individual style over trend but... since I had them... I decided to make a couple pairs of pants using some trends from my stash.




With wide hips, I've never thought of myself as a pencil pant person however it was recommended I try them a couple years ago and since then, I've made several pairs. The ones above are a denim fabric with a black flocked leopard print. I lengthened the pattern by an inch and would have liked it longer so I may take the hem down a bit. It's 2 1/4" so I have room. On the second pair...




... I added another inch in length and refashioned some fabric I'd sewn into a skirt earlier this year. The fabric is quite stiff and the skirt felt like shuffling in a tent so I wasn't wearing it. There were enough remnants left to cut out the backs in one piece and for the fronts...




... I pieced them by cutting out the top section and then sewing, pressing, trimming, and flipping fabric strips with the pattern piece continually pinned in place until both fronts were done. The fabric design is so busy that you can't actually tell it's pieced unless you get way too close but I'm thrilled to have saved it because it's souvenir fabric I bought in Germany several years ago.


 


I used some remnants of the Germany fabric, along with others from my painted stash, to make this heart shaped pendant that I later combined with copper elements and a knitted copper chain. I'll get a picture of the full piece for the next posting along with details of the three heart piece I'm wearing in the first picture.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - my most dimensional textile pendant so far. YES YES!

2 comments:

  1. (2nd try at posting). Love the outfit and your creativity in re-purposing the souvenir fabric.

    ReplyDelete