_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Friday 8 May 2020

Walking Purse 2

This walking purse is the same width and depth as my previous one - 10" wide and 4" deep - only it's much longer - 13". My goal was to make a plainer purse not necessarily a bigger one but why not test the size as well. Perhaps I'll use it for more than just walking especially as my current bag is starting to wear out and once that happens, they seem to go rapidly.




The purse has a trouser-ish overtone with the colour, stitched details, and welt pocket. The filigree button is a more feminine element.




It's a very basic shape - one main body, two sides, and a flap. All the edges are finished with matching bias tape and the flap is simply sewn to the back and folds over to the front. The strap is stitched through D rings and is long enough to wear cross body.



The front... the back... finished. I'm quite pleased with how this turned out and will look forward to using it some time soon. I haven't been walking as much lately. When it's not raining, I've been spending my exercise time working in the yard. I haven't taken a picture yet but just finished the walkway I showed you earlier. I'll add an image soon.

Have a fabulous weekend. Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - the ability to walk

6 comments:

  1. This is really lovely and practical! The pinstripe is essentially a neutral with interest. Well done you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - for the compliment and the comment.

      Delete
  2. Nice to have found your new blog, Myrna. Your jewellery making is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Myrna, the bag is great! So very nice to have "found" you again.
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you have found me again too. Welcome back.

      Delete