_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Thursday 6 October 2011

Custom Fit

Another BMV Club sale - more patterns - bought with a plan. This time, I focused on Custom Fit patterns that come with pieces for the different cup sizes. I wanted them as a comparison tool for copying to other patterns that might require a FBA. It's a thought. Unless the pattern is quite complicated, it typically works. Here's what I ordered.


Butterick 5685 - to go with all the coat fabric I have already. Now to just connect the two.



Vogue 8765 - There were two new patterns with similar necklines both with Custom Fit pieces. This one had the flared and the fitted skirt so I opted for it.



Vogue 8646 - And this one was a classic wrap dress which looks good on just about anyone. It seemed like an easy sew especially with the FBA already taken care of.



Vogue 8616 - I wasn't sure that I even liked this t-shirt pattern but I wanted to compare the sizing with my T & T and go from there.



Vogue 8689 - This pattern has front and back yokes as well as princess seams - interesting lines. It seemed something I might need when I'm hired... at the university... she says hopefully.



Vogue 8767 - This wasn't a custom fit pattern only I liked the peplum on the jacket and the curved front seams with gathers below the bust. It'd be easy enough to increase the gathers for a FBA.



Vogue 8780 - AND I loved the long drapeyness of the this waterfall coat, especially the view at left. One of my favourite spring and fall sweaters has drape like this. Another version in a different color would be nice.

Yesterday morning, I popped over to Fabricland to meet my ex-boss. On the side, her husband and her grow organic turkeys. I'd ordered two and they were ready to pick up. When I asked how her day was going, she said not so great. When I asked if there was anything I could do to help, she said yes, work casual labour today. They are incredibly short staffed and you can tell. The store is quite messy and FULL of new stock. I worked from 1:00 - 5:30 for her and got so many are you back and we missed you comments. They were nice. I could do that once in a while but not too often. I came home with swollen eyes, itchy all over, a headache... and sore feet... it's amazing how quickly they regressed and got used to sitting more than standing again.

Today, some grocery shopping for the weekend to avoid the rush and then some purse sewing.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - being missed

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful pattern choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a couple of your choice already in my stash. I'm determined to make a coat for Winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been hesitant about the custom bust sizes because I haven't felt like there is enough info for me to make a good decision about size. I'd be interested to hear how it goes when you do get going on one of them! Nice selection btw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your selection has two patterns that I have to get. 8646 wrap skirt and 8616 t-shirt. They both excite me.
    Have a great weekend. I am going to a quilt retreat for three days.
    Karen W. in S.W. Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Patterns! I also have a couple of them that are crying to be made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good idea about copying the pattern piece to save having to do the dreaded FBA....though it does get easier every time I do one!

    ReplyDelete