_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Thursday 20 October 2011

Reaching the Half Way Point

Apparently, I shouldn't have mentioned the sunshine yesterday because it went away and the day turned grey with only occasional bits of sunshine. Grey is not nearly as pretty. I preferred the sun. Hmm... let's talk about something else.

It seemed like enough time had passed that I could inquire about the curriculum assistant position at the university. Apparently, it has NOT been filled yet. That's good news. I'm still hopeful of an interview and am working through the Teach Yourself Visually Word 2010 book to update my skills - at a faster pace now.

I'm finding it difficult to be in limbo - not sure what we're doing about moving, not sure what I'm doing about a job. Thankfully, I have this major project to work on in the studio. It gives me focus.




The Cindy purse is finished. Howard said this one is his favourite because of the handle. I was just thrilled to finally use that handle. It's been in my stash for so long I don't remember buying it although I do remember I bought it at Fabricland, on sale, 50% off. The beads match wonderfully especially on the side below.




Initially, I wanted a more dramatic shape however, the size of the purple background fabric limited my options. The finished purse is 11" x 14" - the maximum size possible using the purple fabric for the front, the back, and the sides. The top section is the purple flocked overlay over the plaid that I showed yesterday. That section comes down 1 3/4" on all four sides. The purse closes with a large snap inside so that either side can face forward. The lining has several pockets. All in all, I'm pleased with how it turned out.




Next up is Lori Jane's bag. Her hands were side by side on the original quilt. I'd hoped to keep them together only that didn't work for the finished size and shape that I'm working on. More later. This will be the fifth out of nine so I'm reaching the half way point - YES YES

I'm working in the studio this morning. The dentist's office called and they had a cancellation and can fit me in for a cleaning early this afternoon. Not exactly what I want to do but sooner than the appointment I had in December. Since I have no idea what I'm doing in December but hopefully working, this is good.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - the half way point

4 comments:

  1. LOVE that Cindy purse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Cindy is fabulous and I am eagerly anticipating the Lori Jane. The pieces are so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Cindy Purse is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this one is my favorite so far, too. I love the shape and the handle is perfect for it. I'm not generally a bag person, but I'm really enjoying watching these evolve. I'm so glad you're sharing them!

    ReplyDelete