_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Wednesday 6 June 2018

About Myrna

Two of my favourite questions are what if and how can I.My work is motivated by curiosity and often reflects what is happening in life around me. My pieces are one-at-a-time, one-of-a-kind, items created in my signature style which tends to be architectural, labour intensive, or both.




Fabric is my first love. Mixed media jewelry is my latest love. In-between I knit. I am very fond of upcycling and refashioning and will often make something only to take it apart and make something else out of it. I am far more interested in the process than the product. I am warm, dry, safe, fed, clothed and loved. I don't need another product; I need another creative journey - what I call the mystery of the unknown.




My home and studio are in the creative community of Salmon Arm, British Columbia, Canada - a delightful place to live.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - sharing the creative journey.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my! Your view is amazing. In the summer we spend as much time as possible in the North woods of Minnesota. We live 90 miles south in a medium sized city, in the "hood". It started out 42 years ago as a family neighborhood and morphed into rentals and crime. :o( Your view is food for the soul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That picture was taken along the walk down by the lake. I have a pond behind my house that is equally lovely. I'm very lucky.

      Delete
    2. That picture was taken along the walk down by the lake. I have a pond behind my house that is equally lovely. I'm very lucky.

      Delete