_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Friday 1 June 2018

New And Not

This is a new blog; I am not new to blogging. I started my first blog about fifteen years ago and when my work shifted away from traditional quilting to textile wall art, I started a new blog. The first one didn't work anymore. Several years after that, my work shifted again toward sewing creative everyday wear and so I deleted the earlier posts and restarted the blog, something I refer to as shredding the blog. It didn't go over well with readers.

Shredding is part of how I approach life. I sift, sort, clean, clear out, organize, re-purpose, recycle, let go of, and move on regularly in most areas of life. With fabric. With yarn. With words. I journal every day and shred what I write. For me, there is no point to journal writing unless I can be completely honest and I cannot be completely honest if afraid that someone, at some point in time, may read what I wrote out of context.

Blogging is no exception. While I'm creating a new blog with this current shift, I can't guarantee that shredding the blog won't happen again at some time in the future. If there is information you want to keep, please save it in some more permanent way than a bookmark.

That said... welcome to my new blog. While the format is bound to develop organically as I start to post regularly, my goal right now is to write shorter, more concise, postings than I've previously written and to focus on the entire journey of a completed project rather than the stages of a work in progress which may or may not actually get completed.

The title - Cloth & Creativity - comes from my primary passion for working with fabric and my growing love of mixed media jewelry as well as my belief that creativity is a part of every area of life. I hope you will share in the conversation and help me to develop a format that works for all of us.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - finally a first post

No comments:

Post a Comment