_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Wednesday 13 June 2018

The Year of 52 Weeks

I enjoy projects with organic boundaries. By that I mean boundaries that are firm enough to give guidance and open enough to allow for creative flow and magic to happen. Earlier this year, I worked on the outfit project creating six complete outfits - including handbags, shoes, and jewelry - one for each day of a workshop I was taking.

My current project is called The Year of 52 Weeks. Typical of myself, I started out with big ideals and then narrowed them down to something far more manageable. The guideline is to try something new to me - not rocket science but new - each week for 52 weeks although this may not involve 52 consecutive weeks or a literal year. I had to make that allowance or I'd already have given up because the yard work expanded beyond what I'd predicted for this year and is going to take up great chunks of the summer.

Fifty two new to me things is still wonderful even if not consecutive. I've created a 52Weeks label so you can go find each of the posts and the titles will indicated that the posting is part of the project.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - energizing projects

2 comments:

  1. Seeing your yard progressing is interesting too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'll post pictures of the yard when it's more photogenic - LOL.

      Delete