_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Friday 30 April 2021

Playing With Parts

This is the last Friday in April. That's hard to believe and rather alarming how fast time is flying now-a-days... which makes me sound terribly old... but really is just encouraging me to lean into life. 





The Vogue 1704 blouse is finished. The buttons are hammered silver metal. I've had them for quite a while without using them and this was, finally, the perfect project. I haven't worn the blouse yet. The weather has been too yucky for blouse without jacket dressing so for now, I'm enjoying the sleeves on the dress form. 





In an earlier post, I talked about my prayer for ever increasing holistic health. One part of that is integrated creativity where I am making for the love of making. You'd think that would be easy but it's something I've always struggled with however, on the flip side, I love working with scraps and the journey of the unknown.





The goal I set at my last coaching session was to work one half to one full hour, three to five days a week, on jewelry. I felt like I'd been away from it for too long and needed that structure to get back to work. I planned to start with repairs thinking that would be an in only there was no pull energy in repairs. It sounded too much like mending. Instead, I pulled some bits and pieces out of my scrap jar and started playing with parts. 





Two of the things I love about working this way are one, that the theme slowly develops and two, things don't always go as planned. The hole in the stone was not drilled end to end and I couldn't pass a wire through it so I tried gluing wire into each end only it wouldn't stay. I ended up drilling holes through the back plate and creating prongs. 

 



Eventually, a heart theme emerged and I'm taking that forward. The next step is to create a heart shaped wire frame around the central stone. It'll include a way to attach the charm below and most likely wire weaving but I don't actually know. We'll see. 





Yesterday, my contractor came and cut the opening into the railing around the back porch and added stairs. I can now exit the house from the back and easily get to the lower patio and - in the event of an emergency - I don't have to throw my Bernina and computer ahead of me while climbing over the railing. This is good. I can also finish this end of the pathway. I'm waiting for the micro clover seeds and another big bag of dirt that is coming Monday only...

... Monday is also my vaccine appointment day. I'm not sure I'll be doing too much digging the next day but then again, maybe it would distract me. I have decided that once my two weeks is up for maximum impact, I will start looking for a part-time position. Post Covid, I want to get out of the house more and working is one way to do that. My last outside the home job was in 2012. It's been a while. 

What will you do different post Covid?

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - permanent decisions

No comments:

Post a Comment