_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Thursday 11 November 2010

Bouncing Again

Other than walking, a mini trampoline is my longest running exercise tool. I bought my first one twenty-four years ago. After each pregnancy, I used it to tone up and get back in shape, bouncing out a routine in front of the TV while watching the real estate channel.

On Monday, I started bouncing again. I had to. The Christmas party is a month today. If I want any hope of dancing the night away, it's time to get in shape. And - to be completely honest - more than a few body parts could use some firming, tightening, toning. Along with bouncing, I'll start...




... dancing. KWJZ.com is a soft jazz station out of Seattle, Washington. They play wonderful music that's perfect to dance to in the studio. Yesterday, I picked up these red shoes to go with my party outfit. I wanted something a little different, not matchy matchy. The best colors were red or yellow. I couldn't find any yellow shoes and most of the red ones were more garish. These darker, blue based ones are quite nice... and comfy... and not too high... and danceable... and ready to be broken in. No sore feet for me.




Here are the shoes with the skirt and the sweater fabrics. You can see the blue base in all three colors. They go together but do keep in mind that the shoes will be a whole leg covered in nylons away from the skirt. They're fun but not flashy.




The sweater is looking good so far. The sleeves are sewn together and ready to insert. The shoulders are seamed and the neckline is finished. Above, I'm blocking the neckline shape before going on to the next step.




In December, some of the girls (women now) from my graduating class are getting together for an appy's night. That seems like the perfect excuse to work on another pattern from the Self Imposed Sewing Club - maybe these Vogue 1186 wide legged pants. Hopefully all that extra hip attention will make my waist look smaller. I'd like to wear them with the grey ribbed sweater with the rhinestone buckle that I'm going to copy - once the buckle arrives.

Instead of sewing last night when Wendy was here, I knit. I'm a lot closer to being finished with this sweater. It's become my goal to be done by Tuesday and wear it instead of knit it - LOL!

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - I have not forgotten. I am grateful. Thank you Veterans.

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic shoes. The pattern is great also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those shoes - you're going to have a wonderful time and look gorgeous on the dance floor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your shoes Myrna! It's great you have such a great plan to get into shape when you need to. I've always wanted a rebounder/mini trampoline. Since you've had one for so long, which would you recommend? Thanks for your helpful info.

    ReplyDelete