_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Thursday 19 April 2012

The End Is In Sight

It always intrigues me how one person's actions can affect so many people. While we are extremely grateful that our carpenter was available and willing to do the work on our house in the evenings after his regular job, he's the over promise and under deliver type which meant that last weekend our furniture moved into the garage and not the house. Delays with the framing delayed the gyproc which then delayed the flooring. That gets frustrating fast. I've been practicing biting my tongue and keeping my cool.




For a while it felt like everyone was standing on the frayed edges of my last nerve but things are improving the closer we get to moving into my studio - which should be this weekend for sure. YEAH!




We are prepping for carpet downstairs on Friday and taking out carpet upstairs for laminate in a few weeks. Go figure. We've been moving the same boxes around the house for days attempting to get them out of the way. The first two pictures were what my living and dining room looked like yesterday morning and the ones below were taken in the afternoon. As you can see, we've turned a corner.




I've found semi-permanent places for most of the boxes. Some will go downstairs into storage this weekend, when it's finished being gyproced. This is good even if I have to haul them out again to paint. It's a tough move when the major renovation you're making is the storage space. Everything is outside the closet instead of in.




Next week Kyle is working, Howard is on his way to Guatemala for two weeks, and my friend Barb is coming to stay. We'll sew - without workmen - I can hardly wait. A few area rugs will make the place more comfortable until the laminate goes in on the 3rd, 4th, and 5th or 7th. I really hope that contractor is willing to work on Saturday. Howard gets home on the 6th. Hopefully we are mostly together by then BUT... even with all that... we really like it here so far and it can only get better when our studio and study are ready. We can each go to our "corner" - LOL.

Hopefully next week I can show you my new studio and talk sewing. Wouldn't that be nice?

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful
- the end is in sight

1 comment:

  1. What a lot of progress you've made. Taking a sewing break will be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete