_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Monday 9 April 2012

Thirteen Hours

On Saturday, I spent over thirteen hours cleaning the three bathrooms and the inside of the windows in our room, Kyle's room, the kitchen, the dining room, and the living room. That time frame does include three short breaks and even so that's a long time for that amount of work. The master bath alone took three and a half hours and it's the smallest room in the house. That someone could be that dirty is beyond me. It took a small flick to clean off the paint from the previous paint job over two years ago which does make me wonder how often the bathtub was cleaned. I thought it was cream. It's white!




Work in the downstairs is making progress. I've painted the ceiling and three walls in my studio CC830 Strathmore Blue from Benjamin Moore. It's a denim-ish color. The image above shows the wall we're adding to shape my studio. When it's finished, I'll paint it my favourite lime and put my computer there.




This is the view looking back at the wall. The door on the right is to Kyle's room. The open door beside it is to the upstairs. Behind it along that beige but will be blue wall is a new hallway that leads to the laundry room, the storage closets, and Howard's office.




Looking down the room, the door at the end exits to the lower deck. I think my work island will be at that end of the room but I'm not sure yet. My sewing desks will be in front of the windows.




This is the view from the studio although it was clouded over when I took this picture. Straight ahead, below the trees, you can see the city and up the north valley. Way way back there is where we lived when I was in elementary and high school. In the extreme distance, more to the right, I can see mountain ranges with snow peaks. It's interesting to watch weather roll through the valley. I'll take another picture on a clear day.




Remember when I said this studio was slightly larger but the closet was considerably smaller. This is it. It's narrower, shorter, and not as deep. This is a problem because...




... this stack in the Master Bedroom is about 80% of my studio and even though some of it goes on the book shelves, under the sewing desks, and in the laundry (dye supplies) there is obviously more stuff than closet space. In the long run, this could help me to buy less. In the short run, I either need to sew like the wind or come up with some storage solutions. Right now, I'd really like to sew like the wind. It's been WAY too long.

Also on Saturday... the fridge, stove, washer, and dryer arrived. It's starting to look like home, which is good, because we move next Saturday.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful
- Garry the magic contractor

4 comments:

  1. It is looking fabulous. Love the blue in your sewing room.

    Have fun and I hope the move on Saturday goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sew like the wind! Paint like a ... something that paints really fast! How exciting, to be in the last days of preparation for a new stage in your life. God made you wait for the perfect, perfect place to live. What a magnificent view from your sewing space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be getting so excited to move into your new home. You're creating a lovely place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I moved into a place with not a single closet in it, weird but true. Let's just say I made IKEA very, very happy.

    ReplyDelete