_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Wednesday 7 November 2012

Purse Handles

Going into debt for Christmas is not my idea of a good plan. Neither is stressing yourself out with shopping and crowds. Both seem to me to defeat the whole point of the holiday which is why I put aside money each pay day and organize shopping earlier in the year. I like to be done before most people even get started - as in by the first of October - only this year it'll be the first of December because I've been waiting for my kids to forward their lists - which took forever - even though I threatened to buy socks and underwear if they didn't hurry up. I received the last list last night.




My friends on the other hand were MUCH easier. I have all of those gifts organized and ready to wrap except for Sharon's and since she reads my blog I decided to tell her what she was getting - a purse. That way I could get her feedback on the size and shape and pockets. Red is her favourite color. I've ordered these 24" leather handles from PurseHandles, an Etsy shop in Hong Kong. I'm hoping the order doesn't take too long. I probably should have ordered a lot sooner but luckily I can go ahead with the rest of the bag while waiting.




Since I was already ordering, I also got a set of black handles for myself. It's a case of the shoemaker's shoes. With all the purses I've made over the years and the number of friends who have one, I do not use a purse that I've made on a regular basis, just for special occasions. That's something to rectify unless the red handles aren't a great shade of red and then I'll use these black ones on Sharon's purse.




I liked this leather magnetic closure. The end is not the same shape as the handles and I'm not sure if the leather matches so they may or may not get used on the same bag but the idea is great.  I'll trace out the shape and consider different ways to use this feature from self made tabs in the future.




There are several textile pieces in my Bits & Pieces of Potential box that I'd like to cut up and make into knitting bags. These 12" wooden handles seemed like they'd be perfect for that so I ordered a pair to see. If they work, I'll get more in different shapes and sizes but just one for now, to see.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - sunshine today

No comments:

Post a Comment