_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Friday 10 July 2009

Deleted & Personal

Karen wrote: You can create a blog that is totally separate from any other than you have ever had. It doesn't have to be anything more than a morning cup of coffee and talking with friends from all over the world. I sense that you love the ability to share what is going on with you and get feedback from all of us who have grown to love and honor you. Sincerely, I hope you will continue to blog and keep us in the loop.

I do love to share Karen. I think that sharing is one of the most amazing things we women can do for each other - support and encourage. Every time I think about not writing the blog, it's that camaradarie that I know I'll miss but, time will tell. It really depends what direction things go in especially with work.

Yesterday, I deleted any earlier postings on the blog that were written while I was "in business" and changed the about information in the sidebar to reflect my new status as a Pro-Am (professional amateur) and the new intent of the blog (to share my personal journey with life and creativity).

If you visit my website, you'll notice that it no longer advertises workshops, products for sale, or prices for pieces and that it links to the galleries where my work is currently represented. If someone wants to purchase a piece, they must do it through the gallery. I think this sufficiently changes the purpose of the blog (and the website) so that I don't have to change the name yet, still, again. I'd rather avoid that.

This morning, I'm on my way to Kelowna to meet my cousin. She's visiting from back east and I'm really looking forward to seeing her. Normally, I'd drive through Vernon but I'm taking a different route this morning because the place where she's staying is on the far side of the city. Going via this route will be two hours instead of three however, it travels over a high road through a less populated area. Not somewhere I'd want to be after dark so I won't come back that way tonight. It works this morning. I get an "extra" hour of sleep.

Yesterday was really slow starting probably - LOL - because I ran out of coffee and had to wait until Costco opened to get a bag of my favourite Starbucks French Roast. Once that was safely in hand (I really need it this morning) I ran a few errands and made the changes on the blog and website. It was almost noon before I started working on anything for me.

Knitting is a great way to transition between tasks. While knitting a few rows, I can think about what's next so that's what I did - knit for a bit and then sewed. The sweater I'm making is GORGEOUS. You can see the fabric in Wednesday's posting. After two years of re-learning knitting and working to improve my quality, this is looking to be the most successful and well-liked project yet. I'm really thrilled with it.

Typically, I give the studio a good cleaning twice a year, in January and July. I have some time in a few weeks when Howard and the boys are away and I've been thinking about how to move the studio around to reflect my new way of being. I want to move the fashion supplies forward and the work and art ones further back and set up a permanent surface for my serger. I may even move the furniture around although I think it's in the best configuration already - VBG - unless I get new furniture. Too fun! Have a great weekend.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful: a cousin my age!

2 comments:

  1. Getting my second cup of coffee right now. Glad to see that you are encouraged to continue to blog.

    You have inspired me to start knitting and crochet again. I am tearing apart an afghan I made for church donation. They "suggested" 7 in square knit blocks fastened together. Now that makes no sense to me. Why not just knit the whole thing? So I am crocheting granny squares. Being myself is a new creation.

    Several years ago I started a sweater for my husband. It is also in the bag with the granny squares and I have been working on it too. It is progressing slowly.

    Tonight my husband is having a sleep study for sleep apnea. I will have the house to myself except for two big dogs. I am thinking of painting the inside of the major closet on the main floor (we live in a bi-level) prior to changing it to a pantry. Paint tonight? Sounds like a good plan to me.

    Have a great weekend and drive safe.

    Karen W. in S.W. Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Myrna
    I LOVE that jumper you're knitting. You've got me knitting again too - until recently only scarves but I'm doing a jumper at the moment. I think I've started it at least 7 times LOL each time getting a few rows in and not liking something, so i'm onto the 3rd different pattern in the book. Should be great though LOL!
    Enjoy changing your studio!
    Lyn in Australia

    ReplyDelete