_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Tuesday 8 September 2009

Introducing DF

Today is the first day of school. SUCH a wonderful day. I dropped Kyle off and then went for breakfast, started re-reading Eat Pray Love, wrote in my journal, and planned the next year - or maybe I should say set guidelines for the next year as the only constant in life is change. Plans often do. I think I will be sewing fashions for the next four months and maybe I will but it's also possible that the perfect job will come along sooner than I think. Then, I'll be back in an office. Time will tell. If I get some sewing in first, at least I'll have something to wear. That would be good.

I also went to Arts & Crafts Club this morning and had a FABULOUS time. We had such a good laugh. It only goes to show that my "lonely in a crowd" feeling from last week was truly my own sadness over the close of the business. Good and gone. I haven't dwelled on it since. I'm glad I've learned to recognize that sign.

The ladies invited me to join a spinning and weaving guild only I don't spin or weave and don't intend to. I think they hope to convert me so they said I could come anyway. I just might. If I do, I'll fuse some fabric, cut it in strips, weave it together, fuse it to a backing, and make a knitting bag. That way, I can honestly say I'm a "weaver" even though it's a HUGE stretch - LOL. Honesty is important to me.

I showed off my sweater - complete except for buttons. There were several offers of new homes for it. LOL - I don't think so. It FINALLY fits me like a dream. The work was worth it. Below is a picture of the slip stitched seam. You can see the knobs and how easily they fit together. I received a lot of compliments on my workmanship which were much appreciated since that's my goal - to improve.




When I got home, I took a picture of the sweater on DF - Dress Form. That's a totally unimaginative title so "she's" going to need a new name but since "she" only arrived this morning, there hasn't been enough time. Once I figure out how to get her to stop spinning around, I'll start setting all the dials. Thankfully a sewing with your dress form booklet was included. I have no clue how to use her but I'm quite excited. DF was my closing the business present to myself.



Tonight is Knit Night. I'm going to enjoy showing off the sweater again while knitting on my new project, the socks. I started them this morning only with all the laughter I lost track of one increase and am missing a stitch on one side of one sock. I think I know where and can fix it on the next round and keep going. Hopefully. If not, I'll make one in about the right area and I doubt anyone will notice.

I haven't quite figured out what my schedule for posting will be this fall. I intend to post week days like usual except that it may not be first thing in the morning. We'll see how it goes. I also want to plan dinner in advance and go for a walk each morning while the weather is good - only not tomorrow as I'm cleaning house - and not the next day because I'm winterizing the garden - but after that - LOL. You all know how I struggle with cooking and exercise. I would MUCH RATHER create.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - friendship and laughter

1 comment:

  1. Myrna,

    You have such an upbeat attitude about life and it's changes. Your postings are a great way to start the morning.

    What model is DF? She looks like a very fine addition to your studio. The sweater looks great on her. What about you? Please have DH or DS take a picture of the real model.

    Any more about the fires in your area? After California I wonder why the U.S. media hasn't covered your fires as well. They seem to report everything else.

    Have a great week, Karen W. in S.W. Ohio

    ReplyDelete