_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Tuesday 22 December 2009

Assorted Projects

Off and on - whenever they're both out - I've been working on the boy's jammie pants. They're all done except for the waist elastic which will hopefully happen this morning while they're sleeping. That was my plan on Sunday too and then one got up early and one came home from church feeling sick BUT... they should sleep for another two and a half hours today. It should work.




I was so tired Sunday after not sleeping the night before that all I did was sit in my curl up chair and knit. This sweater is pretty basic. It's done in stocking stitch. Knit a row, purl a row, I could handle. The back was already done and that afternoon I finished the two fronts and then shuffled them around until last night. My mind just wasn't on picking up stitches so finally I went over to the yarn store and asked Brenda to do it which she very nicely did. This morning, it's ready for the neckband. I'd like to get the two sleeves knit and the sweater sewn together before our next meeting on the 29th - LOL - maybe.




To avoid picking up stitches, I did something I rarely do - started a second project. I am yet, still, again, knitting a cape out of the recycled Stampata yarn only this start doesn't measure out right so I may have to do some fudging. If it's too much, I'll pick a different project however....




... if I can work it out, I'd like to make this free pattern called Charming from the Vogue Knitting 25th anniversary celebration Fall 2007 issue. The pieces are curved to accommodate the shoulders so the cape should - ideally - hang straight. First, I'll see if I can fudge the gauge. Then, I'll knit. And then... if it doesn't hang straight... three tries are enough. I'll quit.




I've been thinking about the SWAP and about grouping the projects. My mind immediately made the leap to the "group of seven". Since there are seven days in a week and I'm trying to make a complete wardrobe, I'm debating sewing seven of each garment such as seven t-shirts followed by seven pairs of pants followed by seven skirts and so on. Might be boring. I'm not sure. Could also be quite stretching creatively to work in series starting with a T & T pattern and adapting it in different directions. I'll give it more thought. I can always start and if it's no fun, do something else. Right now - the elastic.

Talk soon -Myrna

Grateful - helping hands

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Personal Growth - Test yourselves to make sure you are solid in the faith. Don't drift along taking everything for granted. Give yourselves regular check-ups. - - We don't just put up with our limitations, we celebrate them, and then go on to celebrate every strength, every triumph of the truth in you. We pray hard that it will all come together in your lives. - - The amazing grace of the Master, Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit, be with all of you. - 2 Corinthians 13

Working on myself, looking for the best in others, supporting and encouraging them, being held and holding accountable, celebrating God's amazing goodness. Yesterday, I had breakfast with a friend who completely understands what we're dealing with right now. She's been there, done that. She also believes as I believe so we can talk about personal growth, learning, doubts and worries, and about leaning on God's strength. It always comes back to God's amazing goodness. What a gift - His goodness, her friendship. I want to make sure that I'm doing my regular check-ups.

1 comment:

  1. In recent years, I find myself in need of regular check-ups and maintenance! Sometimes my "tune-ups" are minor and sometimes I need to make the decision to invest in MAJOR repairs! I am discovering, however, that continuing to stay aware and make gentle adjustments is really working for me right now.

    Cassy

    ReplyDelete