_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Thursday 17 December 2009

I Really Strongly Dislike Plaid

The meeting with Craig went great. He was in and out in quite quickly and thought the way that I'd put my part of the show together looked great. It's always a surprise to curators to meet an (overly) organized artist. We're not the norm but we are a lot less stressful.




I hemmed the top and tacked the facings to the back of the zipper. Both were done by hand which took a lot longer. I'm not sure about the hem. It shows even though I only caught a little tiny thread. I may do that by machine in the end. Last night, I finished the buttonholes and I've sewn on three of the eight buttons. When those are finished, so is the top.



I'm sure I would have been done if I hadn't spent almost three hours matching plaids and cutting out pajama pants. Did I mention that I really strongly dislike plaid? Mainly just the matching part. The two on the left with turquoise in them are for Aryck and the two on the right with red in them are for Kyle. I doubt I'll get to stitching them until tomorrow.

This morning, Kyle has a party at school. He needs to take a secret Santa gift and pick up donuts which means I'm driving him and picking up and paying for (LOL) the donuts. After dropping him off, I'll meet my friend Francine for our gift exchange breakfast and after that Aryck has agreed to come grocery shopping with me which is perfect. He can push the cart through the snow to the car.

This will be my Christmas shop so inbetween I need to go over the list and make sure I have or get everything we need. The closer to Christmas, the less I want to go near the stores. I'd prefer to get it over with now. AND THEN... there's a basketball game and after that dinner and after that the buttons - hopefully. I'd like to show you a done photo tomorrow.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - strong sons willing to push carts and be seen in public with their mother

No comments:

Post a Comment