_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Wednesday 27 January 2010

A Serious Attack Of The Green Eyed Monster

Yesterday was not all that productive unless you count sitting around and looking decorative. I did that well! After Barb left, I ran a few errands, cleaned up some piles of clutter, had coffee with a friend, and read a book. A slight bit of knitting happened.




The cardigan is now in one piece. It's joined at the end for 1 1/2" of ribbing around the neck. I'm petite, which meant I needed to shorten the length through the armhole. The ribbing was supposed to match in with the existing pattern at the front and armhole edges and across the sleeves. It didn't. Some fudging happened although it looks like it's going to be okay. Here's the pattern again - the Bernat Just For Mom Cardigan from booklet 530167.




I know that not all of my allergies are going to be reversed. That has me thinking from the perspective of what do I really hope to get back to make my cooking life easier. Eggs is way up there. Even the substitute mixes call for eggs. Butter - or at least a suitable butter substitute - would be lovely too. Before these new allergies, I was able to use Earth Balance buttery flavoured spread except it contains soy. Barb found this Soy Free version on the Internet.




One trip to the health food store later and I'm having a serious attack of the green eyed monster. The soy free version is not available in Canada. It is carried nationwide at Whole Foods in the United States. The closest store is in Seattle. Really, 7 1/2 hour is not too far to drive for buttery spread... is it!

LOL - I called Howard in Detroit and said a really wonderful, I've been away, present would be butter. I've also found myself craving carrot sticks. VBG - my, how interesting life has become. He will, of course, try to find some in the evening or between meetings. I can just imagine the guys discussing this over coffee - my wife wants butter - anyone know the address - let's GPS it. I call these HBC moments. They're good for a marriage. Men are programmed to hunt, bag, and conquer.

More knitting today. There's only an inch to go. It's the nervous inch where you find out if the garment is actually going to work out, fit, or flatter. I hope so. It's very cute and goes so well with the plaid skirt. I can't remember where but I did read on one blog about how to make an elastic casing inside the neckline to keep it from sagging. I may just do that right away AND... hopefully... I find buttons (and not more fabric) at Fabricland this morning.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - buttery spread exists and one day will be mine

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Personal Growth - Out of the most severe trial, their overflowing joy, and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity - 2 Corinthians 8:2 - - - For if the willingness is there, the gift is acceptable according to what one has, not according to what he does not have. - 2 Corinthians 8: 12

It's not about how much I have or what I don't have, it's about what I do with what I have AND my attitude. True in so many areas of life.

1 comment:

  1. Ms. Myrna - do you think it's something that could be mailed? Of course mail into Canada would take forever!

    I'll be passing not very closing through the weekend of Valentine's Day headed to Kelowna. Maybe we can make something work out. g

    ReplyDelete