_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Friday 19 March 2010

And Today...

Once I had the jeans basted together yesterday morning, I wore them around the house for a couple of hours while I made a pot of soup, baked some scones, and read a book. Plenty of sitting and standing, walking and twisting. It did the trick.

The fabric stretched and the jeans need to be taken in a further 1" each side for a total of 4". The seam allowance at the sides will be 1 5/8" which is exactly what the seam allowance on the blue jeans will be when I take them in again. Not that two pairs of jeans a theory makes however... it looks like the stretch factor means making each piece roughly an 1" narrower.

1" seam allowances through the crotch are a good idea. With the increased stretch factor of this fabric, I ended up raising the crotch seam 3/8" at the base. With a 5/8" seam allowance, that's okay but if I had needed to come up much further, I wouldn't have had the fabric. Better safe than sorry.

I'd hoped to finish the jeans last night and have a picture for today only by the time I got home from my haircut - which involves a visit with my friend as well - I was feeling quite sick AND TODAY... I have a cold. It was a rough night. Hopefully that was the worst of it. I really want to enjoy the visit with my daughter. She arrives this morning and stays until Tuesday afternoon.

On Sunday, we're supposed to go to a baby shower. Of course I won't go if I'm all sniffly only I'll miss out on new baby snuggles. Sara - the daughter of Jessica's friend - will be barely two weeks old. New babies are so precious.



Edited 8:53 a.m to add picture.

The hair - I'm not sure it's much different. I took in lots of pictures and somehow came out looking basically the same. We'll see what happens when I do it myself. This version is more layered so I'll try flipping it away from my face instead of downward with more tousling at the top. Who knows.

Have a great weekend. Hopefully I have something more thrilling to show on Monday even if it's only purchases from Fabricland. Apparently they're having a big birthday bash this weekend. My son answered the phone, listened to the message, didn't save it, and doesn't remember what it said except "there's a big sale at Fabricland" - LOL. If I can find time, I'll drop by and see.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - health

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Personal Growth - When you come to the edge of all the light you know, and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing one of two things will happen: There will be something solid to stand on, or you will be taught how to fly. - Barbara Winter, writer

1 comment:

  1. Hope you feet better. New baby snuggles are absolutely the best!!

    Can't wait to see your jeans and the new hair. I finally had to find a completely new hairdresser to get a different style, but it's still basically the same. Frustrating though.

    Have a great visit with your daughter. g

    ReplyDelete