_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Thursday 24 June 2010

The Bra

The bra arrived and it fits. That's step one. Jessica says that it feels pointy. She's going to take some pictures this weekend to show what she's referring to however pointy most likely means that the bridge is too wide and/or the position of the cup crown needs to be shifted further toward center. That's easy enough to do if I know that everything else works. YES YES




For the green bra above, I used the Kwik Sew 2374 pattern which fit together wonderfully. For the next one, I'll compare these patterns pieces with an Elan pattern and note the bridge width and cup shape and see what I think before I draw another pattern. Right now, I'm just glad we have the correct size and are close to a great fit. The new supplies haven't arrived yet. Hopefully next week.

Howard was supposed to go in for the treatment early yesterday morning. He didn't. It was after 3:30 in the afternoon before they finally came for him. He said they got the spot exactly because they probed until he could feel it. When he got back to his bed, there was no pain. Everything was frozen and he was moving around way too easily for someone who was just in excruciating pain less than an hour ago. This morning, the freezing should be out and they'll evaluate. Lots of pain and they try something else. Some pain and they assess. No pain and he can go home and that may last forever, months, or weeks. Time will tell. I hope that it's either lots of pain or no pain so the next step is obvious.

Yesterday morning, the cement layer arrived. He thought it was going to be nice enough all day to - finally - finish the cement pad outside my studio. He acid washed it in the morning intending to come back in the afternoon to add the seal coat. At the hospital, it thoroughly poured in the afternoon. I'm not sure what happened weather wise at our house but he did seal it. I could smell the finish when I got home. I need to ask about whether the surface got wet and what that means. Right now, it appears that I can set out the furniture, sit down, and sip iced tea. I think the wicker set might stay in the garage a bit longer and Howard's lounge chair will go out there in the sun facing the hills so he can rest. Lucky guy.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - supportive friends

1 comment:

  1. I hope and pray that Howard is in the "no pain" catagory. That would be wonderful.

    You enjoy writing because you are good at it. I think you are on to something with your early thoughts and hint yesterday about maybe leaning that way in the future.

    Last weekend, my husband and I were in a used bookstore and I found a copy of a book written by you! I did not realize you'd already written a book on organizing one's sewing room. I bought it and will start reading it soon. Have you written others?

    Perhaps there is a need for a new, well written bra design and construction book?! It could be in color and priced reasonably. Something to think about. As I've gotten to know you on your blog, I can see you'll come up with some great ways to design and make bras better than others do. :-)
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete