_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Wednesday 30 November 2011

A Cut & Coffee

Before we had children, I worked as a hair stylist. At that time, you were required to renew your license yearly. In 2003, the industry was de-regulated which means that even though I didn't renew I am still fully licensed. I can go back to work any time I want providing I have my paperwork and if I can't find that, it's $150.00 to get a copy which is WAY less expensive than going back to school. I haven't cut a lot of hair in the past twenty-five years though. I need some practice. Neither of the two local schools has upgrading courses so I'm hoping to arrange a coffee date with one of the shop owners downtown and get his feedback on returning to work in a part-time capacity in some type of apprentice-like position. That could work.




With waiting time and knit night, I'm about nine inches up the sweater, past the split point, and have started shaping the right front neckline. It's a bit awkward with the two other sections on stitch holders but it also knits up fast. The only negative about the pattern so far is that the button spacing was designed for the smallest size which has three repeats of the garter stitch ridge pattern while the larger size has four. The button hole is after the sixth row of stockinette section so I just repeated it as well.  It's an easy fix but a beginner might not be sure.

I have an acupuncture appointment this morning and then some errands downtown and then a half hour drive out to my friend who is also my hair stylist's house for a cut and coffee, and then getting Kyle's stuff packed into the car for his move when Howard gets home from work, and then Wendy is coming to quilt tonight, and I'm sure a few other things in the middle I haven't thought of. It's a busy day.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - successful progress on knitting small sweaters after a rather unsuccessful knit year

1 comment:

  1. Hurray for small victories and busy days! Am puttering around the office at work today because the computer ate the newsletter I've spent all month composing. Er. Arg. Wish I could knit instead.

    ReplyDelete