_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Tuesday 14 February 2012

Better Than Nothing

This morning is my acupuncture appointment. An hour... lying still on your back... in a dark, warm room. NOT something I'm good at and yet I go back every week because I've tried a lot of alternative treatments over the years and it's amazing how much this has helped. My food sensitivities are massively improved, I'm happier overall, I'm dealing with stress significantly better than before, and other than that one episode that turned out to be PMS (which is also greatly improved) I haven't had any problems with SAD this year. YES YES! I highly recommend giving it a try... even if it does take up stitching time - LOL.




It took an hour to pull out all the thread bits left from the beads including a few extra stitches that need to be put back but that's easily done.  This looks MUCH better. I'm still debating green beads.




I drafted the lining pattern, interfaced the fabric, cut out the pieces, stitched the pocket, and sewed half the gusset in place yesterday. It wasn't as much as I'd hoped for and better than nothing.

sdBev wrote - You inspire me in the techniques and processes you execute. I only hope my enthusiastic comments encourage you to continue and to blog as you go.

Definitely. Your comments are appreciated. Thank you. I really enjoy blogging and sharing what I'm doing and it's nice to know that what I'm writing is enjoyed and useful.

This afternoon, I will take coffee and cake out to my husband for Valentine's. It's a tradition that drives his co-workers crazy. They figure I should spoil them too and complain that their wives never bring them anything to which I ask and what do you do for your wife cause we all know that what goes round comes round.

Tonight, we are having the boys - all four of them - our two sons, our adopted son, and their roomate who is a sweetheart and we may need to adopt him too - over for dinner. Howard and I will go out on Friday after the rush is over. Funny how as I age going on the day is not as important as making time. I'd rather have a quiet dinner later in the week than wait in line today AND... I'll do something fun, just for me, just to love myself. I think that's REALLY critical. So often women do everything for everyone but themselves and it's important to practice self care and fill our own wells so we have energy for those we love.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - some signed paperwork, progress

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Personal Growth - All the arts we practice are apprenticeship. The big art is our life. - M. C. Richards

I've spent a lot of time regurgitating the past or dreaming of the future. While we can learn from the past and need to plan for the future, one is over and the other may never come. It's so important to be here, living now.

2 comments:

  1. My mother has been an acupuncturist for 10 years and I've been getting acupuncture since I was a child. No question, it is an awesome therapy. Glad you are having so much success with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear there is progress.

    Can hardly wait to see the purse.

    ReplyDelete