_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Tuesday 7 February 2012

In The Morning Mail

Not one single bit of jewelry making went on in the studio yesterday, not even any dreaming - at least about jewelery. Instead, the afternoon was spent alternately reading and napping on the couch. When I planned the day, I thought I would have more energy only the morning appointment wore me right out. Just saying - but when you're having a b--b biopsy - the words gun, fire, shoot, bigger, and longer are NOT ones you want to hear.  All is well. There's nothing to worry about. It was a cover our butts just in case kind of appointment. Even so, I'm still battered and bruised and recovering.




There were two packages in the morning mail. The first one was these unshaped bracelet blanks plus an easy to use bracelet bender from Supply Zone on Etsy. To shape the bracelet, you put one end of the blank into that grove at the end of the curve on the bender and then bend the blank over the curve, turn it around, and bend it again from the other side.

My plan was to cover the blanks with a textile design and then bend them. That might not work. The edges are sharper than I expected and the surfaces are scratched. I'll need to figure out what to do about that first because I have no plans to learn metal surface design. Hopefully there's a simple solution.




The second package was polymer clay supplies from Shades of Clay. I bought these to experiment with the ideas that Carolyn - the clay and bead lady - and I worked out a few weeks ago during the beading workshop. My plan is to use black clay for the backings and edges and then use pearl finishes to add color and gloss. Unfortunately, they were out of one sets of pearl finishes so I don't have all the colors I'd hoped for. I wish they had let me know in advance because I would have substituted other items but... they didn't... and... ANYWAY...

... the timing of these packages was perfect arriving the morning of day one of the week of jewelry only you can see why I didn't have enough energy to get going. After you've been punctured, gouged, and snipped is NOT the time to be experimenting with new ideas. It's the time for body cradling, warm blankets, and chocolate. Hopefully today goes better.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful
- medical personal even when they're lacking interpersonal skills and bedside manners

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Personal GrowthMoses came and recited all the words of this song in the hearing of the people, he and Joshua son of Nun. When Moses had finished saying all these words to all Israel, he said, "Take to heart all these words to which I give witness today and urgently command your children to put them into practice, every single word of this Revelation. Yes. This is no small matter for you; it's your life. In keeping this word you'll have a good and long life in this land that you're crossing the Jordan to possess. - Deuteronomy 36: 42-47

In chapter two of Experiencing God, the author talks about how God's commands are for our good. One of the examples given is of a field of land mines and about whether you would or would not allow the man who knows all about the field to help you carefully across or whether you would say no thanks, I'd rather do this on my own. The example reminded me of my husband's upcoming trip to Guatemala in May. Initially, the team intended to drive another school bus down and were going to hire a guide familiar with the terrain and the customs to help them get safely through Mexico. They have since decided to fly - a safer and wsier choice. Too often, I make the not wise choice thinking somehow I have a better handle on things than God does. And I find I'm wrong. Each day, I learn to trust Him more and more.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear all went well with the biopsy. Not fun, though. Taking care of yourself was the best thing to do yesterday.

    ooh, driving through Mexico to Guatemala - good thing they decided to fly.

    Hope your day is full of creative fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proverbs 3:5-6(NIV)

    5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
    6 in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.

    One of my favorites scriptures but sometimes I forget this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with both of the posts above. Lorrie said what I was thinking.

    I wonder if Howard will bring back some Guatemalan fabric again for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Puncture", "gouge" and "snip" were verbs I anticipated hearing you use about making your jewelry, not about your doctor visit! Take time to get the rest you need. Let your subconscious work on solutions for the bracelet blanks.

    ReplyDelete