_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Thursday 16 February 2012

No More Extra Diligent Cleaning

Last night on the news, during the weather report, the blue blob that indicates snow was morphing its way over the entire province and this morning I woke up to snow falling heavily. It's been so spring-like that some people have been out working in their yards. Snow again is a shock except that it is only February. Snow was always a possibility. Late snowfalls are like early ones. People drive like idiots. Lovely. Not. I have a lot of appointments today.




I cut out the pj pants yesterday afternoon and sewed them last night while Wendy was over to quilt. They would have gone faster if I'd had enough fabric. It's VERY rare for me to be short yardage. Usually I have an excess to deal with.

Last week, when I went looking for flannel and ended up with these knits, I didn't bother bringing my pattern because I've sewn dozens of pj pants... only out of flannel... which is much narrower. When I decided on the 60" wide knit, I consulted another pattern that said it required 1.5 meters. Mine must have wider legs and more ease because it takes 2.4. Luckily there was still more at the store only to get another leg out I had to buy another 1.2 meters which made these ridiculously expensive pj pants although they'll be quite comfortable. Lesson learned - trust your instincts. Normally, I'd buy 2.5 meters for pants.




Which leaves me with scraps. Again. Always. After I check the amount of stretch against a few patterns in stash, I'm hoping to use these left overs to muslin an unsewn pattern and either end up with co-ordinating pj tops or a hoodie or something of that nature. We'll see.

When I sew a pattern, I write the date and my measurements on the tissue. The pj pant pattern is dated for 2009 although I know I've used it in-between. At that time, my bust and waist measurements were the same as now but my hips were 2" smaller. That's a bit frustrating and makes me wonder why I would put weight on only on my hips. It also explains why my jeans aren't fitting like I want them to. I've decided to sew a pair of jeans, trouser style, with wider legs, that won't cling like crazy, soon, before my trip end of March.

This morning the potential buyers are having our house inspected prior to removing that subject on the agreement to purchase. Once that's over, no more extra diligent cleaning and I can revert to a more normal schedule. YEAH!

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - new pj pants

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Personal Growth - Often people attempt to live their lives backwards; they try to have more things, or more money, in order to do more of what they want so that they will be happier. The way it actually works is the reverse. You must first be who you really are, do what you need to do, in order to have what you want. - Margaret Young

Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about it's own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. - Matthew 6:34

In my daily study and journal sessions, I'm working through both Experiencing God and The Artist's Way. It's intriguing how many times the text is on a similar theme and in particular about not trying to figure out every detail of every detail but living in relationship with God, one day at a time, step by step, with trust that as you begin to move in HIS direction, what you need will be revealed. I'm not so good at that trust thing. It's something I'm constantly learning.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for the "almost-sold" house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Laurie said!

    If your house sale really does move forward, your comment of back to "more normal schedule" won't last long. Let the packing begin!

    ReplyDelete