_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Friday 17 February 2012

One For Stretchy One For Stable

The house inspection lasted from 9:30 until 1:00 yesterday. As much as a person is eager to have it done because it's a final step in selling your home, I find it extremely difficult to have someone crawling all over my house, going through my things, especially while I'm listening... and then the clients showed up... and spent an hour and a half doing it all again... only this time I was trying to eavesdrop because the inspector was supposed to go over the report with me and didn't.

The clients were fun to observe. A young couple, very excited about the house, and eager to move in with their cat and their dog. It's a huge house for two people, two pets. They plan to make my studio into the master bedroom which will be gorgeous. Listening to them reminded me of when Howard and I bought our first house. 




It was hard to concentrate with people all over the place but I did manage to trace off the pattern for Vogue 8699 a custom fit pattern with A, B, C, and D cup sizes. With princess seams, it's perfect for using up the PJ pant scraps especially as it calls for moderate stretch only and double knit or sweatsuit fleece which is close to what I have. I'll need to add width to the hips first before cutting it out.

The reviews were mixed from the fit was too baggy to it was too fitted and the bicep width was amble to it was too skimpy. When that happens, I look carefully at the comments by reviewers with a similar body shape to mine and for a reviewer I recognize like Katie and give those opinions a lot more weight. She loved it.

Several of the reviewers noted that this pattern was their T & T. When I thought about that, it occurred to me that perhaps a person needs two or more T & T patterns for t-shirts such as one for stretchy knits and one for stable knits and one with princess seams and one with bust darts or easing. There are so many factors that could make this T & T pattern perfect for that fabric but not for that other fabric. The fabric factor is a HUGE consideration.

Deciding on this particular pattern required digging through my pattern drawers which were too full to easily navigate and reminded me once again that I've reached overload stage. In a world with plenty of time, I'd cull via Pattern Review to determine if I'm about to eliminate a pattern that has fabulous reviews and think twice... I hope... only that could take a long time. I have many many patterns and I'm not terribly patient with things like that but I may try and see what happens.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful
- my oldest son was in a car accident last night that involved a bunch of cars sliding around on a slippery hill which meant that his car was hit from behind and from in front. The car is most likely a write-off. He's okay. No one was hurt.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your son is okay after the accident.

    Hope the house inspection went well. When the inspection was done on one of our houses we sold, the inspector took us around with the new owner and told both of us what was wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that your son is okay, even if the car is not.

    What a relief to have the house sold! Lots of new things in your life just now - do you find that energizing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that no one was hurt in the accident!

    The process of selling the house is so tedious. I know you'll be glad when it is all over.

    I love that top pattern! Mine is a pretty stable double knit, and it is so cozy, but still looks great. I think you'll really like it.

    ReplyDelete