_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Wednesday 18 July 2012

A Tighter Firmer Behind

So much for being rebellious! The fabric I chose is a light-weight stretch woven just like the envelope suggests. It's a turquoise and bronze print with flecks of gold - and more zero waste sewing.





I bought the fabric a couple years ago in the discount section for 75% off and used it to sew a pair of pants which didn't work out so... naturally... I cut them up and sewed a skirt ... which I love... and wear all the time. This just under two meter "remnant" is enough for the Marcy Tilton pants with lots of scraps. There's a challenge. My butt has changed shape. Instead of pulling out my T & T crotch curve, I need to develop a new one.




To say we live on a hill is an understatement. This is the only spot in the complex where you can see top to bottom and my house is even with the beige ones bottom right and across from the strip of green you see below the last roof line - which is actually the second last roof line and the tip of the bottom ones. It's on the first level. I'm standing on the fifth one to take the picture. In-between each level is a steep hill.




This is the distance between the first and second level.




This image was taken about a quarter of the way down the hill between two levels. The house that appears to be at the bottom is not the bottom. It's just the bend in the road.




This picture is taken three quarters of the way down the hill. At the bottom, the road curves to the left and meets my road just across the street from the studio. It could be interesting in winter.




I walk up these hills once or twice a day. It's fifteen minutes straight up and about five minutes back down. For a change of pace - VBG - you can take the stairs between levels 3 and 4 and 4 and 5. I haven't counted the first set but they're about the same length and the second set has fifty-nine steps. Before - when I walked a lot - I walked mostly in summer and then quit for the winter. This time it appears that I won't be able to quit or it'll totally wreck all my pant sewing - LOL.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - that I'm enjoying walking again and a tighter firmer behind

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Personal Growth - Last week, I started contacting the (appropriate) galleries that carried my textile art to see if they would be interested in looking at the purses. I emailed the gallery in Victoria and they would like some right away. I emailed the gallery in Vernon and didn't hear anything back so I called and still didn't hear back. That was unusual but I'm not willing to manipulate or badger anyone. I believe that the doors that need to open will open without me pounding on them so while I'm willing to make initial contact after that I'd prefer the gallery to call me. They did. Yesterday. I have a viewing appointment on Thursday with the possibility of a selection needed for the fall. EXCITING!

3 comments:

  1. Your journey reminds me of piecing a 500 piece puzzle. More and more of the pieces are finding their spot, it is starting to resemble the photo on the box!

    At this stage my Mother would always make hot cocoa and pop some pop-corn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a firmer backside! And congrats on some interest on your purses!

    The hills you get to climb seem to be some sort of visual on your life, but can't think of how to word it...

    Is it just my computer, of does today, a Wednesday, say Tuesday for you too? I looked back and yesterday's post has no date. Odd.

    Forgot to comment a few days ago on your new studio. I especially like the color. Do you remember the color of the yellow on the walls? It's very nice - not too bright or pastel. I've chosen a yellow for my new sewing room that is not up yet - I think it's called Hawthorne Yellow by Ben Moore, and I wondered if by some miracle they were the same.
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete