_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Friday 31 August 2012

No Grand Adventures

Apparently, I'm not doing too well with communicating lately. My thoughts yesterday had nothing to do with the quantity of comments or any upset over people not commenting. They were simply to say that I love what the comments add to the discussion and that I miss those people who used to be more visible years ago and no longer read or no longer comment for whatever reason. I certainly don't comment on every posting I read.

THANKS Bev for letting me know about the verification issue. I thought I'd taken that off months ago. It should be gone now.




Since there weren't two old t-shirt parts big enough for the side fronts, I cut two pieces and joined them with a seam at roughly waist height. After I'd stitched the wrong bottoms to the wrong tops and had to remove three rows of stitching from each knit seam, I got the message that this was not the day for grand adventures in the studio and put it aside.

Without trying, the original stamped label on one of the t-shirts was repositioned upside down, bottom back. How fun. I added the 100% cotton exclusive of trims laundry label but cut off the company's identification number just in case since it's no longer valid and I'd hate for them to somehow be held responsible for something.




Above is the middle front piece. In the original pattern, there's a seam at center front. I cut the piece on fold with the neckline of the original garment about 6" from the new bottom. Here's how it looks...




... in fabric next to the two side pieces. The middle piece has more bleach dots. That's good. I'm trying to decide if I want a fluffy or a fringe-like bottom or if I want to piece in some scraps like the back. Most likely the latter because the other ideas are not getting a big yes. I like flounces and small tiny ruffles but I'm not much for fringes or big on what I call prairie ruffles. Still thinking.




I had a job interview yesterday. Too bad it wasn't after Saturday when I'm getting my it badly needs it hair cut. BUT... I managed to look okay and once I was all dressed to go - minus shoes - I thought I'd try taking a picture in the studio.  I'm wearing the turquoise Marcy pants with a black t-shirt and a purple cardigan that has a ribbed flounce from just under the bust and around the back along with a HUGE sparkly broach at bust level, the necklace my daughter made me for Christmas, and a purple watch. You can't see any of that. All you can tell is that my body seems to be going in too many directions at once. I'm not sure if it's the light or the distance or the day. I'll figure that out later.

The job interview was interesting. They called me and what we discussed pre-interview seemed darn near perfect. Set hours. No evenings. No Sundays. No holidays. Time off whenever I wanted it. On a topic that would take learning but one that I could enjoy. And even so, I kept trying to talk myself into taking the job but for whatever reason, it just didn't seem right. Top of the list is that it's not a super busy business which is why they were interested in me. I've run a sole proprietorship before and I'm trustworthy, reliable, and can be counted on only, as complementary as that is, if I'm giving up studio time for minimum wage my number one goal is be around people, lots of people.

It's the last day of the month. Some bloggers judge their monthly productivity by how many projects they've sewn or by the amount of stash used up. I judge mine by how many pictures I took. My pictures are - inefficiently - sorted by the month. Each year has twelve folders and each folder contains the projects I worked on during that time frame. August's is very full. That's good.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - the ability to pay attention to my intuition and turn down what seems to be a perfect opportunity while trusting that what I need will come my way.

2 comments:

  1. Letting go of what seems to be the perfect opportunity is very difficult. Congratulations to you for looking beyond the surface and using your knowledge of yourself to determine this really wasn't perfect.

    Lois K

    ReplyDelete
  2. The black construction is coming together well - you certainly have an eye for detail...
    As for the job, I know perfectly well why they wanted you, and also why it wasn't really the spot for you. Keep looking...

    ReplyDelete