_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Thursday 20 May 2010

Four Bras & A Handsome Young Man

Ache all over would describe how I'm feeling this morning. When we moved so often - seven times in ten years - I was far more used to physical labour what with knocking down walls, building, painting, and landscaping. You should see me with a sledge hammer and a chain saw! Not so any more. Yesterday was a LOT of work and it was only a start.




Here's the edge with the hedge. I weeded between the plants. All of the tall (taller than the plants) ones are gone however some of the thicker in-between ones, mostly grass and chickweed, are still there. I wasn't strong enough to get them turned over or pulled out. VERY frustrating.

When I talked to Howard at lunch time, I suggested that he either come home with enough energy to help or a handsome young man. He's doing both. Tonight, he'll turn over the soil so I can put down a layer of wet newspaper and cover it with bark mulch, which according to the much older and wiser women than me at Arts & Crafts will keep the weeds under control, AND THEN...




... tomorrow, a friend of a friend who is doing odd jobs will be coming to work through that list Howard hasn't been getting to starting with this rock wall. We've had the rocks for two years. They are in the middle of the (potential) patio that will (hopefully) get poured this weekend so they need to be moved and into place sounds just perfect to me. They'll be against that bank you see in the background with several rows curving around from the higher level down to the patio level. I am SO EXCITED about getting the back yard finished. It's been an eye sore for way too long.




After the back, I cleaned up the front gardens and then, when I went back inside, tried to work on Jessica's bra only the patterns that I have don't contain the size I want to try next nor did I have the correct size of underwires so I ordered some more supplies from Sew Sassy. Their prices seem pretty good. Two of the Elan or KwikSew patterns equalled the price of one at BraMaker's Supply and they were more pretty and flirty. I ordered the four above (two for me, two for Jessica) and expect they will take a few weeks to arrive. That gives me time to finish the next sloper and sew something for myself. T-shirt ideas are tickling.




Included in the order is Kwik-Sew's Beautiful Lingerie. For some reason, I think I used to own this book but I can't imagine why I would have had it although it looks familiar. I know I don't have it now. I checked first.




There's no way that I'd pay this much - and so far I've managed to buy a swimsuit when I need one - and hopefully that trend will continue because sewing lingerie is enough but... I can definitely do it cheaper than this. The Submerged Watercolor Maillot from Anthropolgie is $358.00. It's pretty but doesn't that just make your jaw drop? Aren't you glad you sew? YES YES.

I'm out for breakfast with a friend this morning and then back to gardening this afternoon. After gardening comes painting doors and trim. This is going to take weeks. Wendy is coming tonight to sew. Hopefully I'll have something from fabric to show tomorrow. I have to sew. I have to keep up my energy - LOL. Have a great day.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - my son passed his learner's license and is now practicing driving. This is scary/good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Personal Growth - The elders interviewed in You Could Live A Long Time: Are You Ready? by Lyndsay Green talk a lot about staying flexible and in shape, keeping moving so you don't stop, wear down, and wear out. That is definitely something for me to think about. I don't want to shuffle before my time - actually I don't want to shuffle ever. I want to be an "enviable old lady" and it's starting to look like that will take more than wishful thinking. After all this outside work is done, I'll be in better shape. It would be good if I maintained that in some way. Hmm... yes... I want to... it's SO HARD.

1 comment:

  1. Three Hundred and Fifty-eight Dollars???

    That's more than I paid for my wedding dress (ok, that was 30 years ago. Still.).

    I may not save bunches of money by making my own rayon knit tops (not when the good stuff is $20/yard, anyway), but I'll make it up on swimsuits!! LOL

    ReplyDelete