_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Thursday 27 May 2010

On Thursday

Thanks to everyone who sent in dress suggestions yesterday. If you haven't already, there's still time to vote. There were a few private emails as well as the posted comments. I polled all my friends yesterday and it's interesting to see the results coming together. This will be a fun project.

Today - on Thursday - the patio was supposed to start. It's pouring down rain. I hope this crew works in all weather. Not that I want them to be cold and wet. I want a patio. After six years of - mostly - being patient, I can hardly wait. I'm so excited.

Wendy is making tremendous progress on her quilt. She needed the work island last night which made it difficult for me to trace, alter, and cut out the t-shirt pattern. I knit instead. Boring knitting. Shaping for the armhole and the neck on the two fronts. Progress though especially as I didn't knit at Rosemarie's like I thought I would.

On Tuesday, I spent three and a half hours painting under the deck and barely got the posts and outside edges done. I was so frustrated, practically in tears. The wood is so dry that it sucks the primer right up and takes forever to cover. Yesterday after work, Howard spent two and a half hours painting between the the joists and got three sections done. There are nine in total. His feet were killing him from standing on the ladder -obviously not something he should have done - and he was in a really bad mood. We've decided to hire someone to put metal fascia under the porch and cover the edges in smart trim. MUCH easier to do and to maintain.

This morning, I'm taking Kyle for his A1C - that's the average blood glucose measurement over a three month period. We go monthly. So far the number has only gone up. Hormones plus teenagers plus diabetes are not a good mix. Perhaps I'm numb or perhaps I'm getting better at letting go. I'm not quite as turned inside out - just somewhat. This poem on ThingsBe resonates.

I'll drive Kyle to school after the test and then phone my girlfriend. If she hasn't been called into work, we'll meet for breakfast. After that, if the weather has improved, I'll pick up plants for the planters and if it hasn't paint for the exterior doors. I've been trying to pick a color and keep changing my mind. Yesterday it occurred to me that I have four sets of exterior doors. I can choose four colors. TOO FUN! Now to decide which one I want where.

AND THEN... I can sew. YES YES!

Have a great day - Myrna

Grateful - water, even when it's falling from the sky

3 comments:

  1. 'AND THEN... I can sew. YES YES!'
    Oh I wish I had a dime for every time I have thought that...

    What a relief you must be feeling to get professional help with the porch! Good!
    :)Deb M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to get some help with the porch. And yes to sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes to sewing!! I just haven't had the time with school and the stuff I am having to deal with up there. I was at school until 4:30 dealing with the kids and I hope they know I am upset with them.

    I hope that Kyle's blood sugars get better. It certainly can't be fun for him or for you. I know how I am feeling having my thyroid medication adjusted. I have gone from too much to probably just right but as my body adjusts I feel exhausted most of the time. I am hoping it is going to get better over time just as I hope that Kyle's will stabilize over time.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete