_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Wednesday 16 February 2011

Inspiration Part Four: Tee Shirts

Two, back to back, eight hour shifts equals stiff, sore, and tired. It's a good thing that the store wasn't as busy as in the last two weeks. Survival in that constant rush would not have been guaranteed. Both I and my feet were glad to see the end of the day especially after an order of twenty-one meters of vinyl. That stuff is heavy.

I packed last night. More like, I threw some clothes at my suitcase and hope there's enough in there to wear. Normally, when I travel, I wear skirts and dress up more. This time, I packed comfort clothes - warm and fuzzy and jeans.

My friend is flying. She'll mange to contain all that she needs in two suitcases, one of which is mostly empty for shopping. Of course, she'll rent machines. Me? I seem to have an entire car full between the machine and serger, the extension table, assorted supplies, the lap top, my knitting, allergy free foods, winter gear, and toiletries. Hmm... oh well. As soon as I hit publish, read blogs and have breakfast, I'll put my things in the car and be off. I'm really looking forward to the holiday. I'll let you know how it goes. For now, here's part four of the inspiration series - tee shirts.




Wandering About - $78.00 - This tee is described as having raw edged trim and sparkling embellishment. If you click through and look at the back, it's quite wide and ripples. I don't like that so much however, the bodice design is gorgeous. I'd prefer it on a more fitted tee.




The same is true with Winner's Circle - $48.00. The waist shaping is non-existent while the embellishment is gorgeous. It carries around to the back at the neck. Often embellishment is in the front only. Continuous is something to consider for future garments.




The embellishment on Twisted Birch - $158.00 - is also continuous AND there is plenty of waist shaping. The fabric is a herringbone textured knit. I like the way it zigzags vertically as opposed to horizontally.




Here's the back view. If you have short hair, the embellishment is like a piece of jewelry. With long hair worn down, it'd be completely hidden.




River Bends - $58.00 - is made from a cotton, polyester, rayon, soft matte jersey. What fun it would be to draft and wear AND...




... the design moves around the back. I think - without having looked at it too closely - that you could mirror the design shape on the front and back pieces.




Perspective Fields - $78.00 - is again shapeless. What I liked about this tee is the detailed inserts. If you click through to Anthropologie's website and hover over the details, you'll see what I mean. Another use for all those bits and pieces that are too pretty to throw away.

That's it. Blogs, breakfast, and I'm off. Have a great day.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - a holiday with a good friend doing something we both love

3 comments:

  1. Have fun at the retreat! I can't wait to hear about i t.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Riverbends T-shirt is fabulous.
    Enjoy your time away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you have a great time- wish i was going with you. waiting to hear what you accomplish
    Brenda in the Boro UK

    ReplyDelete