_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Wednesday 9 February 2011

The Dress

Today, I'm working another eight hour shift. I was smarter this time. I cleaned house yesterday and now it's all shiny fresh for tomorrow when I'd rather put my feet up and read or sew.




The dress is finished. It turned out quite well which is wonderful after all the work I put into it - LOL.

Being linen, it's impossible to keep the fabric wrinkle free and I didn't even try for this picture. I left the side seams for now and will wear it for a day before I decide on whether it's too tight. I agreed with ParisGrrl that it needed to be slightly shorter so the hem is now 1 1/4" less. I'd have done an inch but this meant I could fold on the previous stitching line and everything would be nicely measured for me. There was just enough thread left to do the hem one more time. I'd been worried about that.

Anonymous suggested that one hip might be higher than the other. I wasn't standing completely straight in the picture referred to so that appearance was more about posture than body proportions. Normally, it's not an issue.

I'm off to get ready for work. Have a great day.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - long conversations with old friend

7 comments:

  1. Lovely dress and great color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to comment on your previous post. It touched me and made me stop and think. My DH and I are challenged right now because he just suffered stroke. He's had cancer, heart attack, open heart surgery, stints, diabetes and now this. And yet, his spirit remains positive, while mine tends to waver and I have a pity-party now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous dress! I love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so simply chic and beautiful. And I love the linen wrinkles, they remind me of summer days and warm breezes in the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been following your blog and watching your progress on this dress. You did a beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just getting back and reading through the long list of blogs. I have to say that this is a very lovely color and wonderful interpretation of the dress. Don't forget that as you wear the dress your body heat will warm the linen fibers and they will relax and stretch. So before you make the side seams tigher, remember that the fabric will add some natural stretch!

    ReplyDelete