_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Thursday 8 September 2011

Easy And Obvious

The sun is so beautiful that I feel like writing about it over and over again. How boring that would be except - after what felt like the dullest of summers - it's such a delight. Apparently, it will be hot like this for most of the month so I will stop talking about it and just enjoy, especially as it's unlikely I'll be working again before the end of September and I can actually get outside.




Downtown, where I had breakfast yesterday and wrote in my journal and worked on my fall plan, there is a new yarn store. It opened on Tuesday. The owner is a young woman, about thirty, very nice and friendly. She was part of a knitting group I was in a few years ago. I don't need any yarn. I have more than enough for how little I knit. That said, I did want to support and encourage her so I bought the ball above for couching and embellishment. It has such a wide range of colors that it should be useful in a lot of projects.




I had lunch with one friend and then met another at Fabricland where we shopped the Simplicity/New Look $1.99 sale and then went for coffee. I bought two basic patterns, a skirt - 4188 - and the Amazing Fit shoulder seamed princess blouse - 2151. With the skirt, I wanted the longest look which needs lots of a really soft fabric. That will take a while to find at a price I want to pay. With the blouse, the style suits me and I wanted the cup sizes to make fitting easier and to transfer to other patterns.  The picture above is of ribbon with a wire edge. It was discounted to $0.33 per meter. Twisted and embellished, it'll make interesting "chains" for necklaces... at least I think it will. It's something to explore.




There were also packages of beads although the pricing was obscure. It appeared as if you bought one for $1.95 and got two for free only the truth was that $1.95 was the sale price per package normally but on this sale, you paid the regular price of $4.98 and got two for free. Hmm... based on that I bought one group of three instead of five groups. I don't want to amass a bunch of supplies and then find exploring jewelry is not what I want to do... plus I'm minding my pennies.

This morning, I'm doing the general clean on my house and then I'll start the thorough clean with some cupboard or closet. Maybe the shoe closet. Now that my son has moved out, there's a shelf available and I certainly have more than enough shoes to fill it - LOL.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - Howard and I were exploring the option of moving to a strata. We found the absolute perfect place with a big garage and a fabulous studio but have decided to stay here. I was praying that the decision would be easy and obvious and after we read the strata minutes, it was. I'm glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment