_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Monday 19 September 2011

Holiday At Home

If you want a pair of comfy funky pants, sew Burda 7400. I am SO in love with these that I'd sew a gazillion more only my girlfriend said no, two pairs are enough - LOL - I assume she meant for now. Maybe after a few months, I can sneak some more in or...




... at least check out Burda and/or Marcy Tilton patterns for similar styles. I wore the Guatemala pair on Friday and received numerous compliments. That always makes a girl feel good.




For these, I taped the side seam together for less piecing and better stripe management and extended the top for a cut on elastic casing. All I need to remember in the future is to make the elastic VERY tight to keep the waist at the waist plus... I may curve the front for my tipped waist. The front crotch length is a bit too long. Otherwise, they fit great out of the envelope... with my scooped back crotch curve of course.

Switching subjects - other than the side board in the dining room, I am done cleaning the inside of the house. I'd be done it too only it's full of cd's so I want my husband's help. He's more musically inclined than I am and I'd hate to give away something he wanted to keep.




Outside, we finally painted the brown trim in the carport white. I'd have included a picture only it's pouring rain this morning (edited to add). I know all about the power of paint and even so it has made such a tremendous difference that I wish we had done it YEARS ago only we had plans first to build a garage and later - when the city wouldn't approve the garage - to have rock posts put in. And it didn't happen. And now, we've finally accepted that it won't any time soon so we had the brown painted white and it's way Way WAY better... especially because someone else did the work. How lovely to watch. He's also going to paint the brown under the back patio. Perfect.

Another big and needs to be done job is cleaning out the dumping ground under our front porch. It's 10 feet by 20 feet and has become the dropping spot for things we don't know what to do with. Howard is off work this week and we're having a holiday at home, which we don't intend to spend working but that's one task we will get to. AND...

... I won't be blogging for the rest of the week. I'm going to sleep in and move slow - hopefully. It would be boring anyway. The only thing I'm working on is knitting that sweater, which I made some progress on over the weekend but it's not finished yet. Hopefully by next Monday. 

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - our son Kyle - it's his birthday next weekend

2 comments:

  1. Have a great Staycation. Will miss seeing you in Nanaimo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pants do look super comfy and very easy to wear! I also love the colour of your knitting project, so vivid and will be beautiful for winter.
    (and thank you so much for your kind birthday wishes too, btw)

    ReplyDelete