_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Wednesday 14 September 2011

The Carpet And Cuffs

The carpet cleaner showed up early which is a massive improvement on the window cleaners who didn't show up at all earlier this year. YES YES ! ! He was so thorough that the stairs are still wet this morning. That tells you how extraordinarily dirty they were. He spent a lot of time on them and even so didn't get everything. Last night, there were still some marks on the edges of three or four as they dried so I took that pink laundry solution, rubbed it on, let it sit, and then used a cloth to rub it off. That worked perfectly. Today, everything looks clean.




While he was cleaning, I worked on the Burda 7400 pants from the Guatemala fabric. Because of the metallic threads, it was scratchy so I fully lined the pants and now they are absolutely luscious to slide into and slither beautifully when you walk. I'm going to enjoy wearing these.




When I sewed the elastic casing closed, I inserted my usual tab to indicate where the back is. It's so much easier to get dressed this way. These pants, the other pair, and my Marcy Tilton skirt all have elastic waist casings and they are all SO COMFORTABLE to wear. It could be that I'm falling in love with the elastic waist. It's easy and it fits even when I fluctuate. That's a huge plus. I'll explore some of the methods I read about in Marcy's and in Pati's books and try variations on future garments.




I didn't want to worry about matching lines on the cuff especially with the pleat. It'd be virtually impossible, so I put the stripes horizontal rather than vertical. Because the cuff is curved they're more slanted than straight but it worked although - LOL - it's rather busy. These need a nice plain black t-shirt and some fun jewelry and funky shoes to go with.

After the carpet and cuffs, I went for coffee with a friend and came home to a phone message that Vanessa was coming to look at the yard. Weird. When I queried Kyle, he said that she said that Howard had asked her to. Double weird. Vanessa is a master gardener and when she showed up she said Howard had asked her for a quote to thoroughly weed now and then take care of the gardens until winter. I was a bit miffed that he hadn't discussed it with me first but when she gave us a phenomenal price, pulled our her tools, and started immediately, I thought what a great gift. It's looking even better this morning which is a weight off my shoulders because....

... Kyle was determined to move to the basement bedroom so he got his brother and his friend to help him last night. When I returned home from knitting, everything had shifted which means his "old" bedroom is now empty and in need of paint. I'm trying not to put things off just in case I get the job so I'll work on that today along with finding new homes for the items that were stored in the guest room closet.

Speaking of knitting. I've decided my next project is to finish that sweater. I've been working on it since January and I'm ready to be done. Since, I only knit at knit night and I haven't attended regularly this year, it's been slow going. I'm going to pause sewing, knit at home, and hopefully get it done this week. My next project will be something small and easy and quick to knit.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - no major dings in the walls from three young men moving furniture

No comments:

Post a Comment