_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Wednesday 14 March 2012

Breathing Room

Now that I've cancelled going to ArtFest, it feels like I have a bit more breathing room in terms of getting ready to move. I've packed just about everything that can be packed in advance and now I'm waiting until we have possession to start moving things over.

We have three weeks between possession and moving in so it'll be okay once everything starts to click together. I'm glad I won't be away and I'm glad that we only have to wait another ten days to get the keys. I'm ready to get on with it. Today, I'll stop at the paint store to get some sample chips. My son wants a purple room - LOL.




After I started the housecoat, I wondered if I'd even need it. When I wake up in the morning, I put a sweater on along with my pj pants and t-shirt. The housecoat is for after a bath while doing my hair and make-up and for walking between the bathroom and the bedroom only the master bath in our new house has a bath tub so I won't need to go far and nowhere in "public" but - just in case the coat does make a public appearance - I sewed a belt to go with and give it more shape.




The fold is at the front edge of the fabric making that scrap along the far edge double. I cut a strip four inches wide, sewed the long edges with a 1/2" seam, pressed, and top stitched to make the belt. It was nice to have a continuous piece without a bulky seam in the middle. As you can see, there was just enough for the pj pants.




Here's the housecoat finished. It's warm and cozy but not too thick and bulky. Perfect. I was worried about it looking too old lady but I think it's okay. The colors are very pretty.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - one ticket to ArtFest is sold and there are two potential buyers of the other one

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Personal Growth - ... when he concluded that creativity, not time, would best heal his creative wounds. - The Artist's Way

I should probably have written down who this example referred to. If I'm remembering clearly, it was a producer who was devastated by having his own film taken away from him resulting in a seven year break from film making until he realized that a break wasn't going to heal the hurt - getting back to creating would. Many different kinds of hurts in my life have been healed by spending time being creative. Time in the studio helps me work things out. It grounds and centers me. As I've said before, I breathe in fabric.

2 comments:

  1. It surprises me that even though I have often used my sewing for comfort and healing it is still the activity I most look forward to. Even though it is there with me in the worst of times, it has not been stigmatized as something associated with those bad times.

    Lois K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great housecoat and I am sure you will get lots of wear out if it in your new home.

    ReplyDelete