_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Friday 23 March 2012

Wanted And Welcome

Did you feel the earth shake? My husband took today off. It's so unheard of that the guys at work wanted to rush him to the doctor. After we go for breakfast, he'll start packing his garage and getting things ready to move so that by next weekend the entire garage and all the outside things - like the patio furniture - are over at the townhouse. We get the keys tomorrow. I'll be painting. Three weeks from now we'll have moved everything.




Most of the waiting time this week was spent knitting. After way too many configurations, the garter ridge baby sweater is now in five pieces - one back, two sleeves, and two fronts - although I've knit each piece at least three or four times. It has not knit gently and as you can see, it's now bagged. This is the equivalent of the magic closet. Hopefully when it emerges I am more in love with it than when I sealed it up. Right now, I'm not thrilled with the fronts. I can see myself re-knitting them... again... but not right now. I need a break from that white and those ridges.




I was rolling a ball of yarn when Howard came home from work yesterday so - of course - he asked me what I was working on. You should have seen the look on his face when I said it was a baby blanket for our non existent grandchild. I got one of those you're certifiably insane kind of looks except that he knows me and this is exactly the kind of thing I do.

One of the gifts of possible cancer is the way it clarifies things. At least that's what it did for me. After the stress of the last three months, I've decided not to waste my energy on several questions that were consuming me before. They don't matter any more. Instead...

... I'm having fun making things with others in mind. I'm planning a thank you purse for my realtor and one for my surgeon. I'll start on those once we're settled into the townhouse. Right now, I'm knitting welcome baby sets for my future grandchildren. Call me silly but...

... my potential grandchildren were one of the topics I thought about while dealing with the "what if I do have cancer" situation. Whether I'm here or not, I want them to know they are wanted and welcome. So I'm knitting, starting with three baby blankets. The first is in a soft grey which is my favourite baby color of the moment. I'm using the same basket weave stitch used on the wrap-scarf and the yarn is Red Heart Soft Touch which is exactly that - soft and easy care - perfect for babies.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful
- clarity

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Personal Growth - I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back. - Philippians 3: 12-14

1 comment:

  1. I hope that your move and baby blanket knitting go smoothly. I don't think that you are silly knitting for a future grandchild.

    ReplyDelete