_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Tuesday 27 March 2012

Cleaning And Painting

We got the keys. After that, most of the weekend was spent cleaning and painting. On Saturday, it took four and a half hours to clean the kitchen that was - supposedly - professionally cleaned. Somehow I doubt that or at least I question the term professional.

There were dribbles down the front of the cabinets and hair and crumbs and paperclips and paper inside to say nothing of the stuck on whatever. There was sticky dust on the exposed shelves and moldish looking stuff and grease underneath the upper cabinets. Luckily the cabinets go to the ceiling so I didn't have to brave the top. The back-splash felt rubbery. I thought it was some kind of wallpaper until I washed off the grease and discovered it actually was tile. Yuck! I could not live like that and I cannot understand it. We are so blessed to have what we have. I think part of being grateful is taking care of our things but... that's my soapbox.

On Sunday, I painted the inside of the pantry, the coat closet, and the laundry closet. With all the in and out and around of the shelving units, that took all day. Closets are complicated rooms. Yesterday, I painted the walk-in closet in the master-bedroom and the closet in the guest room. Same story.

Paint is expensive so I'm mixing whatever can be stirred together to make enough for the closets. It works. My primary objective is clean. After that, I think it's fun to open the closet and find another color although Saturday's painting was all in Pasture Green to test the new color for the main area. LOVE it!

Today, painting ceilings. Hard work that looks like nothing except they haven't been painted in eighteen years since new so it may look like something. YEAH.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful
- that I was taught how to and to appreciate clean

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are moving forward in readiness for your move. Sounds exciting. Painting ceilings is hard work but, IMO, it does look like something when you are done.

    I hear you on clean. When we moved into our house, we experienced the same thing but the previous owner was 89 years old. I spent 10 days cleaning the house prior to going back north. Now I am forever cleaning things to keep everything clean. I appreciate what I have.

    Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on being clean too. Cannot understand how people can live like that, but to each her own.

    Looking forward to seeing your new place when you're ready to show us including the new Pasture Green paint. I'd never heard of painting the closets before moving in, but that's a really good idea!

    ReplyDelete