_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Friday 2 October 2009

Packed - Eventually

I'm gone! As you read this, I'm already on my way. Most of this Friday and next will be spent travelling there and back. Saturday all day, most of Sunday, and Monday and Tuesday days will be spent sewing either at my friend Barb's or at the bra making course. Sunday late afternoon, I'm driving up island to the B & B and Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday night and all day Wednesday and Thursday will involve more knitting than sewing when I'm not driving around to artist studios, shopping, sipping coffee, eating or visiting with Barb who is joining me Tuesday night. SO...




About half my time is sewing. I've packed enough materials to work on two purses while at Barb's. Since her studio is fully stocked, all I needed were my individual supplies. Ditto for the workshop. Most of the bra making supplies are part of a kit that we buy from the teacher. All I had to pack were a few basics like stretch needles and white thread. Everything else will be part of the kit or the classroom. I feel naked. This is SO MUCH LESS than I normally pack and it's probably way more than I need.



The other half of my time will be knitting. I've finished the back and fronts of the red sweater and am part way up the sleeves. I'll get time to knit them while waiting to get on and off the ferry. I've packed the Stampata yarn for the capelet and some purple yarn for a sweater. Again, probably too much but just in case.

It took forever to get packed. I'm writing this at just before ten Thursday night and I'm still not totally there. I'll add my toiletries in the morning. Today was a day. Not at all smooth sailing between appointments and sick kids. Aryck is feeling bit better. Kyle is feeling a lot worse. Not good. I hope they've caught "it" now, early in flu season, so that they're immune and healthy for the rest of the year. I hope neither Howard or I get sick in the next week, especially me as I won't be at home unless something changes tonight. I'll let you know.

Talk soon - Myrna

Grateful - finally packed

No comments:

Post a Comment